Closes 27 September 2022. Applications for the $150 million Regional Tourism Activation Fund Round 2 are now open, with grants of up to $20 million available for eligible projects.
The Regional Tourism Activation Fund – Round 2 supports the development of high impact tourism infrastructure projects that increase visitation, expenditure and extend length of stay for visitors to regional NSW.
Applications for funding can be for a minimum of $500,000 up to a maximum of $20 million.
Types of eligible projects include nature-based tourism infrastructure such as walking, hiking and adventure trails, and arts, culture and events infrastructure such as Aboriginal tourism experiences or major event and festival infrastructure.
Applications close 27 September 2022 at 5pm and successful applicants will be notified confidentially from November 2022.
An Online Information Session is being held on Tuesday 9 August, from 10am-11am to provide an overview of the program and to answer questions from potential applicants.
Who can apply
Applicants must be an incorporated entity and hold an Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN), or be registered with NSW Fair Trading under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 or another Act.
Eligible applicants include:
- Local councils
- Joint organisations of councils, or council groupings and associations
- Incorporated not-for-profit organisations
- Community organisations registered as incorporated associations
- Local Aboriginal Land Councils
- An Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006.
For more information, please visit the Regional Tourism Activation Fund – Round 2 website. www.nsw.gov.au/rtafr2