We are currently seeking a new Admin Assistant. Applications close 10 March 2022.
- Based in our office Bathurst NSW
- Part-time permanent position
- 14 hours a fortnight
Arts OutWest is seeking an administration assistant to join our team. The position is based in Bathurst on the campus of Charles Sturt University.
The position is for 7 hours a week with some flexibility about when those hours are worked and is offered as a permanent position. The position is suitable as an entry level position for someone interested in gaining experience in arts administration and could suit a recent graduate or someone who is still studying.
Arts OutWest (AOW) is the Regional Arts Development Organisation (RADO) responsible for supporting and developing arts and culture in the communities of the NSW Central West region. The organisation works with 12 Local Government Areas: Bathurst, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes, Lachlan, Lithgow, Mid-Western Region, Oberon, Orange, Parkes and Weddin and is funded by the NSW Government through Create NSW, the 12 councils that we service and by the Australian Government through their Aboriginal support program IVAIS as well as through numerous project grants and other income sources. The current AOW team is made up of 9 staff members.
To provide assistance to the Executive Director through administration support, to contribute to the communications program through managing data entry and to occasionally assist on projects as required.
Reporting to the Executive Director and, through them, the Board of Arts OutWest:
- Provide support to the Executive Director with administrative tasks
- Do the data entry for Arts OutWest’s What’s On web page
- Assist the communications team with administration tasks
- Participate in fortnightly staff meetings and take minutes
- Respond to phone calls and enquires
- Interest in the arts and some knowledge of the arts sector
- Demonstrated experience in using Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to learn and manage databases and online platforms
- Ability to interact well with the public
- Ability to manage a varied workload
- Willingness to work collaboratively with team members and to participate in project management
- Qualifications in the arts
- Experience in an administration role
- Driver’s license
Conditions of employment
The position is based in Bathurst on the campus of Charles Sturt University where it is a requirement to be up to date with current Covid vaccinations. Although there may be times when the Administration Assistant may be able to work from home, it a requirement that most of the job will be fulfilled from working at the Arts OutWest office.
The hours in which the position is done are flexible and will be negotiated with the Executive Director, but it is expected that the times worked will not vary greatly from week to week and that the day or days that the job is completed fall on the same day from week to week.
The employee will be paid rate rate of $32 per hour. In addition to this the employee will be paid superannuation and 4 weeks (pro rata) leave per annum.
Enquiries to the Arts OutWest communications staff (Maryanne or Steven) 02 6338 4657 / firstname.lastname@example.org (you’ll currently catch Maryanne or Steven in the office Mondays-Thursdays)
Applications MUST address the essential criteria (listed above).
Applications should be emailed to Arts OutWest, email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5pm Thursday 10 March 2022.
Interviews will likely take place in our office on Thursday 17 March.