A collection of un-used spaces at the heritage Blayney Railway Station have been entrusted to the community to turn into a multi-arts space. Sydney Trains have beautifully restored the building to reflect it’s Victorian-era heritage.
These spaces are now Platform Arts Hub.
The project aims are to:
- To create a vibrant creative and cultural hub for the local community and tourists alike
- Host a creative event every week for 52 weeks
- Help improve the communities image and pride as an art and cultural destination putting Blayney on the tourist map promoting tourism
- Build and support community volunteering while promoting social inclusion
- Provide education and work-placement opportunities for students and artists
- To preserve and maintain the railways’ historic buildings and local history
52 Weeks of Creativity
Funded by FRRR, 52 Weeks of Creativity is a calendar of events with art exhibitions, workshops, networking functions, school holiday programs, live music and artisan markets ensuring cultural activities in every week of 2021. Events will utilise regional artists for exhibitions and workshops targeting both the local community and visitors to the region.
The project is funded by FRRR’s Tackling Tough Times Together program with a top up from Arts OutWest via the NSW Government’s Arts Restart funding package.
Partners are Sydney Trains, PLATFORM Committee, Blayney Town Association, Blayney Shire Council and Arts OutWest, with support of community and local government
Arts OutWest is employing the Platform Manager on behalf of Blayney Town Association who received the funding from FRRR. Additional support includes funds from the NSW Government’s Arts Restart package.
Tickets are now on sale for the opening of Textures of One Annual Art Exhibition at the new Platform Arts Hub at Blayney Railway Station on 9 April 2021.
Entries due 19 March for April exhibition. TEXTURES of ONE-One motif Many mediums. 2021 theme: Steam. This will be the inaugural exhibition at Platform Arts Hub Blayney.
Heather Ferguson has started work as the manager of the new Platform Arts Hub at Blayney Railway Station.
Closes 18 Dec 2020. Blayney. An arts manager to curate a cross-media program of arts activities.