Arts OutWest is a partner on the Platform Arts Hub project.
Platform Arts Hub Blayney is an art gallery and community hub located at the the refurbished 1876 heritage listed Blayney Railway Station in Central NSW.
The continually changing cultural and exhibition program showcases regional and local artists, meaning there is always something new and exciting to inspire you.
Get involved and hands on with the creative arts workshops and various community activities.
The project aims are to:
- To create a vibrant creative and cultural hub for the local community and tourists alike
- Host a creative event every week for 52 weeks
- Help improve the communities image and pride as an art and cultural destination putting Blayney on the tourist map promoting tourism
- Build and support community volunteering while promoting social inclusion
- Provide education and work-placement opportunities for students and artists
- To preserve and maintain the railways’ historic buildings and local history
52 WEEKS OF CREATIVITY
Funded by FRRR, 52 Weeks of Creativity is a calendar of events with art exhibitions, workshops, networking functions, school holiday programs, live music and artisan markets ensuring cultural activities in every week of 2021. Events will utilise regional artists for exhibitions and workshops targeting both the local community and visitors to the region.
Email the Platform committee at email@example.com
The project is funded by FRRR’s Tackling Tough Times Together program with a top up from Arts OutWest via the NSW Government’s Arts Restart funding package.
Partners are Sydney Trains, PLATFORM Committee of Blayney Town Association, Blayney Shire Council and Arts OutWest.
Arts OutWest employed the Platform Manager on behalf of Blayney Town Association for the first 5 months.
Images: Platform Arts Hub opening March 2021. Photos: Zenio Lapka.
Platform Arts Hub Blayney is an art gallery and community hub located at the the refurbished 1876 heritage listed Blayney Railway Station in Central NSW
When: 2021 –
Funded by: FRRR’s Tackling Tough Times Together, the NSW Government’s Arts Restart
Partnering with: Partners are Sydney Trains, PLATFORM Committee of Blayney Town Association, Blayney Shire Council and Arts OutWest