Open through to 30 June 2024. The fund provides a total of $150,000 to help bolster the tourism industry within the region.
The aim of this fund is to help build on the success of the region’s festivals to stimulate the visitor economy and diversify the events across the calendar, positioning the Orange region as a leading destination. Applications are open until 30 June 2024 and successful applicants must schedule the approved event by 30 December 2024.
As part of the Community Partnerships Program, Newcrest distributes funding each year that aims to support and enhance the community groups, organisations and infrastructure that provide a sustainable foundation for the communities of the Blayney, Cabonne and Orange Local Government Area‘s (LGAs).
Newcrest has partnered with Orange360 to establish the Newcrest Orange360 Regional Tourism Event Fund to help bolster the tourism industry within the region. The fund will help build on the success of the region’s festivals to stimulate the visitor economy and diversify the events across the calendar, positioning the Orange region as a leading destination.
To be eligible for consideration, the following criteria must be met:
- The event must be held within the Blayney, Cabonne or Orange LGAs
- Applications must align with Orange360 Strategic Plan and the Destination Pillars: Food and Wine/Drink, Heritage and Culture, Nature and Outdoor Retail
- The event aims to increase overnight visitation to the region.
- The event must aim to attract attendees from outside the region and attribute to the growth of the visitor economy.
- Applicants are only eligible to receive funding from one of the available funding Tiers once per financial year per event.
- Previously unsuccessful applications are not prevented from applying for future funding.
- Previously successful applications are not a guarantee for future funding.
- Applicants must obtain and maintain adequate insurance (including public liability insurance) for all activities it carries out in relation to the project.
- Applicants must provide an event budget, a marketing plan and marketing budget and projected visitation data at the time of submission