Thursday 24 August, 5.30pm (1hr). You’re invited to an Arts OutWest Submission Party to ensure our region contributes with a wide variety of voices to this historic policy.
Submissions are now open to help shape the NSW Policy for the Arts and Cultural sector.
You can make an individual submission and/or contribute to a regional submission by Arts OutWest.
- REGISTER HERE for the Arts OutWest Submission Party (1 hour, via Zoom)
- Read the Discussion paper prepared by Create NSW ‘A New Look at Culture’ (5 pages)
- Bring your thoughts and ideas.
- Following this session you can make an individual submission and/or contribute to a regional submission by Arts OutWest. You can make a written, audio or video submission and/ or have your thoughts included in the Arts OutWest regional submission.
The policy framework – and the format of our submission party will consider these three core questions:
- A new look at people: How can we create better, more inclusive pathways and support for practitioners in the arts, culture and creative industries?
- A new look at infrastructure: How can we create and improve sustainable access to spaces, programs and other support for all aspects of artistic and cultural activity?
- A new look at audiences: How can we grow local, national and international audiences for cultural experiences, for the benefit of our community and the broader economy?
And your thoughts on the following questions:
- Where should the NSW Government focus the greatest effort and resources?
- What barriers can the NSW Government remove to unlock the full potential of arts, culture and the creative industries?
- What does NSW do well?
- What can NSW do better?
- What’s your big idea?
All submissions are due 31 August 2023.