John Bell Scholarship
Students from regional schools across Australia are eligible to audition for the scholarship. Up to four students will be selected, spending one incredible week training with Bell Shakespeare.
Due to current circumstances, all 2020 auditions will be facilitated online via live sessions with Bell Shakespeare Teaching Artists on Zoom.
Auditions take the form of a 15-minute masterclass with a Bell Shakespeare artist, presenting a monologue, then workshopping and playing with the text. Simply choose your monologue from our list. There’s a mix of male and female characters, from tragedy to comedy. Take your pick and perform it in your own unique way.
A life-changing opportunity for budding performers
Up to four students will receive one week of training and ongoing mentorship from Bell Shakespeare. They will undertake acting masterclasses with Bell Shakespeare artists, observe rehearsals, see live theatre and perform their winning monologue for John Bell, Artistic Director Peter Evans and a Bell Shakespeare cast.
WHO’S IT FOR
To be eligible to audition, students must be enrolled in a regional high school full-time and be 16 years of age or older by 31 December 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
- Select your chosen monologue from our list here
- Complete the registration form and tell us a bit about yourself here
- Register your interest for an audition slot
- We will be in touch to organise your audition slot!
- Uploading your audition to Youtube or Vimeo? We’ve made a handy help guide to make the process easy for you!
- Online live auditions via Zoom: 1 June – 31 October 2020
- Shortlist announced: November 2020
- Winners announced: December 2020
- Scholarship week: January 2021
This program is supported by the Coca Cola Foundation.