NOW CLOSED. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for RANSW’s staff, partnerships, programs and growth as the peak body for artists and arts and cultural organisations located in regional NSW.
RANSW’s CEO will lead the Organisation’s vision, purpose and strategy. Our CEO’s experience and knowledge will guarantee that RANSW remains a leading peak body, while building new cross-sectoral partnerships and retaining and growing those we already have.
Our CEO will need to be a highly skilled communicator. The successful applicant must be able to advocate the needs and aspirations of those we represent at all levels, speak to small groups as well as large conferences and prepare submissions and responses. We are seeking someone who embraces challenges, seeks innovation and is comfortable forging partnerships and alliances that benefit the sector we represent.
- Deliver the Regional Arts NSW (RANSW) Strategic Plan
- Engage actively with Regional Arts Australia to support national intiativies that are consistent with the RANSW Strategic Plan
- Manage the day-to-day operations of RANSW.
- Provide authoritative and expert advice to the Board on matters including strategic direction, policy, program development, management practices and organisational performance.
- Oversee existing programs and work with staff to develop and implement new programs, as appropriate and within available resources.
- Nurture and maintain close and supportive relationships with Regional Arts Development Organisations (RADOs) and other arts and cultural organisations operating in regional NSW.
- Degree in Arts Administration, Business Administration, or other relevant field.
- Class C Drivers Licence.
The initial term of appointment will be for 12 months with the option to renew for a further 2 years and a commencement date of 17 January 2022. The RANSW office is located at 10 Hickson Road, Sydney. Our staff currently work from this location. The Board will consider flexible working arrangements, however the expectation is that at least half of the CEO’s time will be spent at the Sydney Office.
Expressions of interest are open until 7 November, 2021 with interviews commencing 21 November, 2021.
More details and guidelines: regionalartsnsw.com.au/applications-welcome-regional-arts-nsw-ceo/
Download the information pack: RANSW-CEO-INFO-PACK.pdf
EOI AND CV TO INCLUDE
- Your interest in the position
- How the skills and attributes you bring to the role address selection criteria
- Your experience or understanding of the operation of peak organisations
- Your understanding of the issues, challenges and opportunities facing the sector that RANSW services
- Your application must include two references.
To apply, email your EOI and CV to Julie Briggs, Chair of RANSW: email@example.com