Orange Regional Gallery’s Extension Project reached major milestones recently with the pouring of the 1070m2 slab, blockwork starting on the collection store, and community donations for the project reaching $415,000.
These are exciting developments and ORG would like to thank everyone who has contributed so generously to the project to get us to this stage.
They are almost there, but still need your support in raising the remaining funds to complete the best possible fit out for our ground-breaking facility.
These fit out elements include:
- A new reception desk designed by Sam Marshall (the Extension architect)
- Bluetooth controlled LED lighting in the contemporary gallery
- High quality audio visual equipment in the gallery theatre
- Locally-built hanging art storage system for our painting collection
- Compactus units for object storage
- Locally-built bench seating throughout the gallery spaces
- A freestanding moveable wall system in the contemporary gallery
Donations of any level are welcome and tax deductible, and can easily be made online at the Gallery’s website: https://www.orange.nsw.gov.au/gallery/extension/
All donors will be listed on our website. Donations of $3,000 and above will be listed on the Donors’ Wall in the new extension lobby. Please see the Gallery’s website for more details.
ABOUT ORANGE REGIONAL GALLERY EXTENSION PROJECT
The Extension will include a new 270 m2 contemporary gallery with ground-breaking lighting design, a 75 seat gallery theatre, a new state-of-the art storage and conservation area, along with refurbishments to existing spaces.
This once-in-a-generation project will see the Gallery evolve as a major center for the visual arts in the Central West. One in which audiences have meaningful connections with art in the best possible conditions for looking, learning and gathering. ORG also envisage that this project will significantly enhance the city’s profile as a destination for Cultural Tourism.
Thanks to funding from the NSW Government’s Regional Cultural Fund ($4,052,990) and Orange City Council ($1,000,000) for the construction, they are on track to open the Extension in Spring 2021.
Donations of AUD$2 or more are tax-deductible. Orange Regional Gallery has deductible gift recipient status (DGR) with the ATO. ABN 85 985 402 386
Please consider supporting the extension in any way you can.
Join us for an information session about the Gallery’s Extension Project
- Hear about the Gallery’s new chapter
- View the various architectural elements
- See updates on screen and around the site (no access)
- Learn how you can support the project
Free entry. Bookings are essential.
(Two sessions available)
5.30pm Thursday 25 March and Thursday 22 April 2021
West Room, Orange Regional Gallery