Welcome to our list of arts and cultural events happening in the NSW Central West gathered from artists, event producers, great local venues and groups across the region. Use the contact or ticketing details listed with each event.
It’s free to submit your local events
For maps and details of museums, galleries, artist studios, historic sites, Aboriginal experiences and sites, craft shops, handmade retail outlets or public art go to the Culture Maps Central NSW menu.
- This event has passed.
Wear It Purple Day – Short Film Screenings
Fri 25 August at 5:45 pm - 7:45 pm
Join us for an evening of short films, free snacks and giveaways.
Bring your friends and enjoy a program of LGBTQIA+ youth films curated by Queer Screen. Let’s celebrate Wear It Purple Day in style!
Please note, attendees under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
To find out more about Wear It Purple Day, visit: www.wearitpurple.org
This event is proudly presented in partnership with Queer Screen.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Your attendance at events supported by Mid-Western Regional Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council’s websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- We cannot accommodate participants who have not made a booking in their own name.
- If you are unable to attend please cancel your tickets as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate. Ticket holders who fail to attend 3 sessions without cancelling their ticket, may be ineligible to attend future events.
- Inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated at events, and may limit attendance at future events.
- Please arrive 5 minutes early to allow time to check in. This assists the programme to run on schedule.
- Tickets are not transferable.
The What’s On calendar covers arts and heritage events happening across the NSW Central West in the local government areas of Bathurst Region, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes, Lachlan, Lithgow, Mid-Western Region, Oberon, Orange, Parkes and Weddin.
Event listings are sourced or supplied from local venues and arts organisations. Many events listed here have been originally shared by the organisers on social media. Whilst all care is taken – and accuracy is our priority – we can take no responsibility for date changes or the content of contributed information. Contact the event organisers listed for more details or to book tickets.
The best way to include your event is to use our SUBMIT HERE form (under the What’s On menu at the top of each page). These listings will be manually approved by the Arts OutWest team before publication. Please allow a couple of days for listings to be published. If you have submitted an event and want to make changes just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Featured events‘ are those submitted directly online by presenters.
Event promotors are asked to only include their own original images / images that they have permission to use / copyright free stock images. For more information see our fact sheet on Using Images For Promoting Events (if you can’t see this link look under ‘Opportunities’ then ‘Resources’).