- This event has passed.
Lithgow School Holiday Events
Mon 26 September - Fri 7 October
There are lots of great activities on offer, so all local young people are invited to join us for any or all of our other activities by using the QR codes in the Events Calendar and on Council website at https://council.lithgow.com/
Events to be held during the spring school holidays include:
- Learn to manage stress and improve overall wellbeing with the Sound of crystal bowls. Wallerawang Library on Saturday 24 September from 10.30-11.30am and Saturday 8 October at Lithgow Library from 10.30-11.30 am.
- Bee Love: Learn how to help bees create native BEE-friendly gardens. There are two workshops at Lithgow Community Nursery by “Amelie Ecology” on Monday 26 September from 10.30am-12.00pm and 1.00pm-3.00pm.
- That great story you have always thought would make a great film – now’s your chance to tell it on Tuesday 27 September from 1.00 – 5.00 pm at Lithgow Transformation Hub. This workshop is being delivered in partnership with SF3, Western Sydney University’s Maldhan Ngurr Ngurra Lithgow Transformation Hub.
- Learn how to draw one of our local endangered birds, the Regent Honey Eater, and some of the most popular Lithgow landmarks with “Bird Girl Creations” at the Seven Valleys Visitor and Information Centre. Tuesday 27 September and Tuesday 4 October from 10.00 to 11.30am.
- Experience Yoga at Lithgow Library with “Wollemi Yoga” on Tuesday 27 September and Tuesday 4 October from 10.30-11.30am.
- From Eskbank house to Lithgow Library, fill your lungs with pride with our Lithgow Walkabouts, free city tours by Ian Rufus. Wednesday 28 September and Wednesday 5 October, both from 10.00 – 11.30am.
- Rock on, with “Madame Fatale” on Saturday 1 October and “Hollow Point” on Saturday 8 October, both from 10.30-1.00pm in Cook Street Plaza.
The planned Bushcraft at Blast Furnace Workshop that was to be held during the Spring Holiday Break, has been unfortunately cancelled.
By providing these events, Lithgow City Council is creating opportunities for young people living in Lithgow. These events are proudly supported by the Office for Regional Youth and Department of Regional NSW. Council sincerely thanks the NSW Government for this opportunity.
The What’s On calendar covers arts and heritage events happening across the NSW Central West in the local government areas of Bathurst Region, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes, Lachlan, Lithgow, Mid-Western Region, Oberon, Orange, Parkes and Weddin.
Event listings are sourced or supplied from local venues and arts organisations. Many events listed here have been originally shared by the organisers on social media. Whilst all care is taken – and accuracy is our priority – we can take no responsibility for date changes or the content of contributed information. Contact the event organisers listed for more details or to book tickets.
The best way to include your event is to use our SUBMIT HERE form (under the What’s On menu at the top of each page). These listings will be manually approved by the Arts OutWest team before publication. Please allow a couple of days for listings to be published. If you have submitted an event and want to make changes just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Event promotors are asked to only include their own original images / images that they have permission to use / copyright free stock images. For more information see our fact sheet on Using Images For Promoting Events (if you can’t see this link look under ‘Opportunities’ then ‘Resources’).