Welcome to our list of arts and cultural events happening in the NSW Central West gathered from artists, event producers, great local venues and groups across the region. Use the contact or ticketing details listed with each event.
It’s free to submit your local events
For maps and details of museums, galleries, artist studios, historic sites, Aboriginal experiences and sites, craft shops, handmade retail outlets or public art go to the Culture Maps Central NSW menu.
- This event has passed.
Hill End Analogue 2023
Sat 18 November at 10:00 amFree
In response to the growing interest in analogue photographic art, and in recognition of Hill End’s unique place in the history of Australian Photography, Hill End Arts Council Inc. is proud to announce the inaugural event “HILL END ANALOGUE”.
HILL END ANALOGUE:
- Acknowledges the Wiradjuri people, as traditional custodians of the Hill End Historic Site.
- Features the work of contemporary artists who have chosen difficult and unpredictable analogue techniques as being appropriate to intention of their work. Their analogue photography will be exhibited in the beautiful historic buildings located across the village of Hill End.
- Workshops and demonstrations by F.Stop and Gold Street Studios in a selection of alternative photographic techniques.
- Display of the collection of prints from the Holtermann Collection from NSW State Library, being works produced by the ‘American and Australasian Photographic Company’ (Messrs. Merlin and Bayliss) in Hill End 1872.
- A giant ‘Cyanotype’ performance/demonstration photogram by F.Stop workshops and the local community.
- Artist panel discussion with Ellie Young from Gold Street Studios Victoria.
- Performances and projections by Peter Solness, featuring projections onto the historic buildings of works by Merlin and Bayliss.
- ‘Old Folks’ band playing at the Royal Hotel over the weekend.
HILL END ANALOGUE features contemporary analogue works by:
Steven Cavanagh, James Farley, Silvi Glattauer, Sammy Hawker, Bill Moseley, Eloise Maree,
Irene Ridgeway, Enrico Scotece, Kurt Sorenson, Craig Tuffin, Amanda Williams.
The What’s On calendar covers arts and heritage events happening across the NSW Central West in the local government areas of Bathurst Region, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes, Lachlan, Lithgow, Mid-Western Region, Oberon, Orange, Parkes and Weddin.
Event listings are sourced or supplied from local venues and arts organisations. Many events listed here have been originally shared by the organisers on social media. Whilst all care is taken – and accuracy is our priority – we can take no responsibility for date changes or the content of contributed information. Contact the event organisers listed for more details or to book tickets.
The best way to include your event is to use our SUBMIT HERE form (under the What’s On menu at the top of each page). These listings will be manually approved by the Arts OutWest team before publication. Please allow a couple of days for listings to be published. If you have submitted an event and want to make changes just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Featured events‘ are those submitted directly online by presenters.
Event promotors are asked to only include their own original images / images that they have permission to use / copyright free stock images. For more information see our fact sheet on Using Images For Promoting Events (if you can’t see this link look under ‘Opportunities’ then ‘Resources’).