Welcome to our BIG list of arts and cultural events happening in the NSW Central West gathered from artists, event producers, great local venues and groups across the region.
This is a busy artistic region. There’s usually more than 2000 arts and heritage events happening in the region each year.
Looking for the ongoing or regularly open museums, galleries, artist studios, historic sites, Aboriginal experiences and sites, craft shops, handmade retail outlets or public art? They’re all covered at our Culture Maps Central NSW. Explore it here
Got an event to add? Email us email@example.com
- This event has passed.
Powerhouse Regional Stakeholder Forum 2020
Fri 27 November 2020, at 9:00 am - 12:30 pmFREE
How have NSW cultural organisations overcome the unprecedented challenges of 2020?
This year for the annual Powerhouse Regional Stakeholder Forum we unpack our theme Resilience and share inspiring projects from galleries, museums and cultural organisations across regional NSW. After a season of devastating bushfires followed immediately by the COVID-19 pandemic, the arts and culture sector has faced a challenging period of change and endurance.
We hear from leading organisations who have adapted to these changing circumstances and have put forward innovative and creative ways to support community, protect cultural heritage and find innovative ways to engage with audiences.
This is a FREE half-day online program (9am – 12.30pm) for museum professionals focused on peer-to-peer learning. Over two sessions we hear short presentations and tackle the most pertinent issues facing our sector, followed by examples of how organisations have presented innovative digital and community projects.
Register for FREE here. Bookings essential. The downloadable program will be available soon.
Karlie Noon, Gamilaraay woman, Astrophysicist and Sydney Observatory’s first Astronomy Ambassador
- Karlie is passionate about Indigenous astronomical knowledge and was the first Indigenous female to obtain a double degree in physics and mathematics. The multiple award-winner will share insights from her work engaging with regional schools.
Rhonda Ayliffe, Visual Artist, Cobargo
- Learn about the creation of ‘Resilience Cobargo’ – a multi-purpose museum/ education/ gathering/ sharing space that will be constructed on donated land in the destroyed main street of Cobargo.
Arul Baskaran, Manager Digital Engagement, Powerhouse Museum and Lucy Clark, Registration Special Project Manager, Powerhouse Museum
- Explore how the Powerhouse Museum is making their digitised collection available to audiences online.
Deborah Ely, CEO Bundanon Trust
- Hear about the Trust’s experience of moving their collection with 24 hours’ notice during the bushfires of 2019.
Christine McMillan, Arts and Health Coordinator, Arts OutWest
- Gain insights from the Arts and Health initiative, which assists in the management of arts projects in hospitals, aged care programs and provides professional development for musicians in hospitals.
Jenny Newell, Manager, Climate Change Projects, Australian Museum
- Find out about the Australian Museum’s new program of community collaborations to advance local engagement in solutions to climate change.
Hayley Ward, Cultural Projects Officer, Armidale Regional Council
- Discover more about the Armidale Folk Museum’s successful partnership with New England Writers’ Centre to bring together newly-resettled Ezidi refugee families and the Armidale community.
Please note: this online program is being recorded for promotional purposes
Presented by the Powerhouse Museum in Partnership with Museums & Galleries of NSW and Regional Arts NSW.
The What’s On calendar covers arts and heritage events happening across the NSW Central West. These events are sourced or supplied from local venues and arts organisations. Many events listed here have been originally shared by the organisers on social media. Whilst all care is taken – and accuracy is our priority – we can take no responsibility for date changes or the content of contributed information. Contact the event organisers listed for more details or to book tickets.
To contribute an event email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For event promoters: If you are sending event details to Arts OutWest to promote through our Whats On (or likewise publishing events on social media) please only send us images you have permission to use. See our fact sheet on copyright infringement.