Welcome to our BIG list of arts and cultural events happening in the NSW Central West gathered from artists, event producers, great local venues and groups across the region.
COVID-19: We’ve tagged the planned events across the region that have been cancelled or postponed: Click here
NEW: HAPPENING ONLINE. We’ve added a new category for workshops, exhibitions, virutal tours and activities that are now happening ONLINE. Here’s our story on who has moved online. Click here for the listings
Got one to add? Email us email@example.com
- This event has passed.
BRAG Foyer Gallery Exhibition Proposal Call Out
Mon March 16
Bathurst Regional Art Gallery (BRAG) is currently seeking exhibition applicants for the Foyer Gallery. The space is ideal for ceramics, small sculpture and three-dimensional work.
BRAG manages the Foyer Gallery prominently located between the entrances of BRAG and Bathurst Library, a busy thoroughfare with an annual visitation of 150,000. Foyer Gallery exhibitions run for 6 to 8 weeks in conjunction with BRAG main gallery programs.
• Artists are responsible for transport of work to and from the Gallery.
• An artist fee of $500 will be paid to successful applicants.
• Sales of work is subject to a 27.5% commission.
• BRAG will promote Foyer Gallery exhibitions through the BRAG exhibition/event brochure and BRAG social media networks.
The Foyer Gallery glass cabinet specifications are:
• Six cases: 62.5cm high x 59.5cm wide x 42cm depth
• One case: 138cm high x 59.6cm wide x 42cm depth
• Clear glass shelves can be inserted to accomodate additional artwork.
The following information should be submitted with your application:
1. Project/Exhibition description (a succinct overview of ideas and intentions behind the work) max. 300 words.
2. A current Curriculum Vitae detailing relevant experience and qualifications – no more than 2x A4 pages.
3. Examples of artwork including up to ten images, title, date, medium descriptions and dimensions – document to be no larger than 4MB.
4. Applications are to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 16 March 2020.
Exhibition proposal submissions are assessed by the BRAG Director in consultation with BRAG staff. Applications are assessed on artistic merit and potential relationship with BRAG programs.
Photo credit: David Roma.
The What’s On calendar covers arts and heritage events happening across the NSW Central West. These events are sourced or supplied from local venues and arts organisations. Many events listed here have been originally shared by the organisers on social media. Whilst all care is taken – and accuracy is our priority – we can take no responsibility for date changes or the content of contributed information. Contact the event organisers listed for more details or to book tickets.
To contribute an event email us at email@example.com
For event promoters: If you are sending event details to Arts OutWest to promote through our Whats On (or likewise publishing events on social media) please only send us images you have permission to use. See our fact sheet on copyright infringement.