Welcome to our BIG list of arts and cultural events happening in the NSW Central West gathered from artists, event producers, great local venues and groups across the region.
This is a busy artistic region. There’s usually more than 2000 arts and heritage events happening in the region each year.
Looking for the ongoing or regularly open museums, galleries, artist studios, historic sites, Aboriginal experiences and sites, craft shops, handmade retail outlets or public art? They’re all covered at our Culture Maps Central NSW. Explore it here
Got an event to add? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event has passed.
Applications close: Media Associates: Cowra, Forbes, Lachlan
Fri November 13
Do you enjoy taking photographs and attending arts and cultural events? Arts OutWest is seeking expressions of interest (EOI) from enthusiastic photographers living in Cowra, Forbes and Lachlan LGAs.
You will join a group of photographers already partnering with us as Media Associates across the Central West region.
You will be contracted as our roving photographers, covering local arts related stories and sometimes writing short descriptions about them. While working as a Media Associate you will have opportunities to use and expand your photographic skills, contribute to your local community and support the work of a not-for-profit arts organisation.
Open to all age groups and abilities. We want to invest in you with some training, guidance and an annual group exhibition that showcases your photography.
- One local Media Associate will be selected for each LGA region: Cowra, Forbes, Lachlan
- Media Associates will need to have their own equipment – DSLR or Mirrorless Camera, computer or laptop and internet access
- Each Media Associate will be given the opportunity to cover up to five stories in their local area during the course of a year. The onset of COVID19 has meant that this may vary for the immediate future
- Events mainly happen during the day with some possible evening or weekend events
- Media Associates will be paid for their time at a rate of $100 per event or project they cover
THE POSITION WOULD IDEALLY SUIT
- Retirees with a background and interest in professional or amateur photography
- A student or photographer looking to build their portfolio or experience
- An experienced photographer looking for a community focused arts opportunity
- People who work part-time and would like to do some work within the arts sector
EVENTS YOU MIGHT BE ASKED TO PHOTOGRAPH
- Art exhibitions, openings, conferences or theatre performances
- Aboriginal led arts events
- Arts and Health projects
- Good photography skills and working with manual camera controls – amateur or professional
- A friendly and approachable manner, confidence and ability with groups
- Basic computer skills with photoshop or lightroom is helpful but not essential
- Tell us a little about yourself, any relevant experience and why you would like to take up this opportunity. Keep it simple and under 200 words.
- Submit 3 – 5 examples of your photography or provide a link to a relevant website
APPLICATIONS must be received via email to Arts OutWest by Friday 13 November, 2020.
FOR MORE INFORMATION Please contact us on (02) 6338 4657 or simply apply email@example.com
IMAGE: Pexels creative commons image
The What’s On calendar covers arts and heritage events happening across the NSW Central West. These events are sourced or supplied from local venues and arts organisations. Many events listed here have been originally shared by the organisers on social media. Whilst all care is taken – and accuracy is our priority – we can take no responsibility for date changes or the content of contributed information. Contact the event organisers listed for more details or to book tickets.
To contribute an event email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For event promoters: If you are sending event details to Arts OutWest to promote through our Whats On (or likewise publishing events on social media) please only send us images you have permission to use. See our fact sheet on copyright infringement.