If your business or not-for-profit has been affected by recent disasters (including the floods) there are some options for support (grants and loans) from the NSW government.
Storm and Flood Disaster Recovery Small Business Grant
If you’re a small business or a not-for-profit organisation in NSW and you’ve been directly impacted by storms and floods in June and July 2022, you may be eligible for a storm and flood disaster recovery small business grant.
This disaster recovery grant of up to $50,000 is to help pay for the costs of clean-up and reinstatement of a small business or not-for-profit organisation’s operations.
Covered costs could include, but are not limited to:
- payment for tradespeople to conduct safety inspections
- equipment and materials required for cleaning up
- equipment and materials essential for immediately resuming operations
- payment for a cleaner if the service would not have been needed, or exceeds ordinary cleaning costs, in the absence of the disaster
- the removal and disposal of debris, damaged materials or damaged stock
- repairing premises and internal fittings
- leasing temporary premises within the defined disaster area, replacing or repair of motor vehicles registered for business use, or replacing lost or damaged stock, if it’s essential for resuming operations.
Disaster Relief Loans for Small Businesses
Small businesses who have been directly affected by a declared natural disaster including floods, fires or storm damage, may be eligible for low interest loans of up to $130,000.
This low interest rate loan can help a small business:
- return to its normal level of trading or until the next major income is received within 12 months from the date of disaster
- replace and repair damage caused to your small business and associated improvements not covered by insurance.
Find out more:
Disaster relief loans – Small business (nsw.gov.au)
Disaster Relief Loans for Non-Profit Organisations
Natural disaster relief loans assist voluntary non-profit organisations directly affected by a declared natural disaster including flood, fire or storm damage.
Low interest rate loans are available:
- for the restoration of essential facilities that have been damaged or destroyed by a natural disaster
- and may also be directed towards temporary storage or leasing of alternate premises