Opens 15 January 2024. Closes 19 February 2024, 5pm. This targeted funding is for NSW-based Aboriginal artists, groups, arts/cultural workers and organisations in delivering arts and culture activities that benefit Aboriginal artists, arts/cultural workers and Aboriginal communities.
Creative Koori Projects Funding for Individuals, Groups and Organisations (2023/24) supports innovation, vibrancy and creativity within the NSW arts and cultural sector.
It is a targeted funding round for NSW-based Aboriginal artists, groups, arts/cultural workers (including museum workers), and organisations in delivering arts and culture activities that benefits Aboriginal artists, arts/cultural workers (including museum workers), and Aboriginal communities.
Creative Koori Projects objectives:
- invest in Aboriginal NSW-based artists and arts/cultural workers (including museum workers) to engage in professional development opportunities
- enable Aboriginal NSW-based artists in the development and/or presentation of new work related to career development
- increase the capacity of Aboriginal NSW-based artists and arts/cultural workers (including museum workers) in becoming arts and cultural leaders
- create cultural business networks for NSW Aboriginal artists, organisations, and communities
- increase cultural capacity and promotion of First Nations stories that provide community collaborations and share cultural ownership, including leadership roles
- nurture cultural skills and businesses to improve wellbeing of First Nations artists, organisations, and communities.
IMAGE: Gimbay Gatigaan – A collaborative performance between Curious Legends and the Newcastle Worimi community. Photo Mick Ross