Charles Sturt community grants
Charles Sturt University have announced more recipients of the Community-University Partnership (CUP) Grants program, including local arts and culture projects.
The program is designed to support the development of our regions through contributions to cultural, economic, sporting and related activities and build higher education aspiration and awareness particularly among young people in rural and regional communities
Charles Sturt has awarded $67,050 to the 67 winners of the second and final round of this year’s Community-University Partnership (CUP) Grants Program.
Overall in 2019, the program awarded about $120,000 to community groups across the University footprint.
Grants were available in six categories: arts and culture, education, Indigenous development, health and wellbeing, environmental sustainability, and sport.
Arts OutWest has received one grant and have auspiced two others.
CUP Grant recipients, arts and culture, from the Central West:
- Arts and Culture Rockley Public School Rockley Public School mosaic project
- Arts and Culture Live Words Woven Yarns audio drama project [auspiced by Arts OutWest]
- Arts and Culture Bathurst Arts Council Bathurst Youth Arts Awards concert
- Arts and Culture Calare Public School Calare Public School Mural Art Project
- Arts and Culture 2MCE-FM Community Radio Supporting creativity of 2MCE volunteers and enhancing listener engagement
- Arts and Culture Outpost Theatre – Auspiced by Arts OutWest OUTPOST presents Romeo & Juliet [auspiced by Arts OutWest]
- Arts and Culture Bathurst Regional Art Gallery VOID Education Symposium
- Arts and Culture Bathurst Memorial Entertainment Centre – Local Stages Local Emerging Artist Program (LEAP)
- Arts and Culture Neroli Colvin Storytelling Foundation Bathurst Multicultural Storytelling Festival
And in the ‘health and wellbeing’ category:
Health and Wellbeing Arts OutWest Move2Art
See the full list of recipients at: https://about.csu.edu.au/community/grants/recipients
Image: Outpost’s production of Romeo and Juliet.