Cementa have smashed past their first and second milestones of $25K and $40K towards buying the Wayout Artspace premises in Kandos. The momentum now is for the next target – and you can contribute.
Updated 30 November 2021: The second target of $40,000 has just been reached. See below of how you can contribute.
“Huge thank you to everyone who has contributed so far! This is exactly the kind of momentum that we needed out of the gate to make our full campaign a viable project. You completely exceeded out expectations! Now that we have hit our first milestone, it is time for us to lay our cards on the table and let you know what the full plan will be.
The cost of the building to us is $190,000. We have broken this up into manageable stages and applied to numerous sources to help us reach our final goal! This is:
- 1st Milestone: $25,000 public appeal (ACHIEVED)
- 2nd Milestone $50,000 public appeal ($10,000 matched funding for this stage already secured)
- request for assistance made to Minister for the Arts Don Harwin and our local State Member Paul Toole
- request for assistance to Mid Western Regional Council
- Application to Creative Capital Fund through Create NSW
- Art Auction early 2022 with a target of $50,000 with confirmed artists so far: Jason Wing, Abdul Abdullah, Alex Seton, Deborah Kelly, Karla Dickens, Blak Douglas, Maddie Gibbs, Alison Gatwood, Fleur MacDonald, Adam Norton, Phil James, Dale Collier and more
With such a strong showing of support from our arts and our local community, our application to government funding sources is greatly strengthened.
We still need to make our second milestone, and to do that we have been given a very generous opportunity, an offer of $10,000 in matched funding from a private philanthropist! This means that for every dollar contributed to the campaign up until the next $10,000 will double in the value of the gift. If we can reach this amount in the next four weeks, it will result in $20,000 toward the campaign, leaving us with only another $5,000 to raise to hit our second milestone.
If you have been thinking about giving but haven’t gotten around to it yet, now is the time to jump in there and help us progress toward our next goal! ”
So, get involved, help sucure this fanatastic premises permanently as a creative contempoary art space.
If you can’t give, please help us spread the word on social media