Arts OutWest Micro Grants
CLOSES 30 APRIL 2020. Arts OutWest is offering arts micro-grants to assist individuals and organisations during the Covid-19 crisis.
Arts OutWest recognises that a number of individuals and organisations would benefit from a small amount of money to help them deal with the current crisis. Using some of the money that we are currently not spending on our usual operations (for example, we’re not spending the usual amount at the moment on fuel), we are offering quick turn-around grants of $300-$1,000.
There will be a very quick turnaround for applying and receiving these micro grants. We hope that these micro-grants will not only help some people during this period, but will produce outcomes that can continue beyond the current crisis.
- You must be based in the Arts OutWest region
- You can be an individual, organisation or arts-based business
- Your request must be arts related
- Your request must be related to recent hardship through the effects of Covid-19 on your arts practice
- The request must offer a way of improving the negative effects of Covid-19 to your arts practice or to your community
What can the grant be used for?
We are keeping the options very open and we are making it possible to use this grant for things that arts funding often doesn’t cover. Providing it is a positive response to the current Covid-19 situation, we will consider a wide range of requests including:
- A small scale project delivered (within the guidelines of Covid-19 social distancing)
- Equipment to help you deliver your arts practice online
- Access to training to upskill you in online delivery
- New ways of marketing or sharing your arts business
Ineligible activities include competitions and prize money, non-arts related activities.
Round One of this Funding Program opens on Wednesday 22 April 2020
Applications close on Thursday 30 April 2020
Applications will be assessed during the following week
Successful recipients announced during the following week and funding agreements sent out
Successful applicants need to return the signed funding agreements with an invoice to Arts OutWest for the amount granted
Projects or expenditure of the grant can be commenced from Friday 8 May 2020
The expenditure needs to be completed by 30 June 2020
You will need to send a short report on how the money was spent by 31 July 2020
What you need to do to apply
Download THIS WORD DOCUMENT, or contact Arts OutWest staff (0418.618 688 / email@example.com) and we will email you the word document.
You can use it to create your own document, or you can print it out, fill it in by hand and email us a scanned copy.
The document will ask for three things (as well as your contact details):
- Describe what you want to do with the money
- Outline the benefits and why this deserves a micro grant
- Provide a simple budget for you micro-grant
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Image: installation by Aleshia Lonsdale for FLOW Gallery as part of Forbes Rover Arts Festival 2019. Photo: Steven Cavanagh.