Sunday 25 June 2023, 11am-3.30pm. Cowra arts precinct. All welcome for a day of networking, hearing local arts stories and catching up with Arts OutWest.
Cowra Regional Arts Gallery
Cowra Civic Centre
Darling St Cowra
- 10.45am – Cowra Civic Centre: Arrive and mingle.
- 11am – 11.45am – Darling St Cowra. Performance of a commissioned work by Sydney Youth Orchestra Presented by Cowra Civic Centre.
- 12noon – Cowra Regional Art Gallery: While the World Waits exhibition curator/ artist talks.
- 12.30pm – Cowra Regional Art Gallery. Performance by Andy Baylor, Cowra musician featured on While the World Waits album.
- 1pm – Cowra Civic Centre. Lunch. + AOW 50 years story booth.
- 1.45pm – Cowra Civic Centre. Cowra Show and Tell (see below)
- 2.30pm – 3.15pm. Cowra Civic Centre. The very short AGM.
FREE. All welcome. RSVP required for catering.
FEATURING A PERFORMANCE BY
Andy Baylor, a respected and influential Australian musician known for his multi-instrumental skills, songwriting and versatility, prominent in the heady days of Melbourne’s 70’s and 80’s music scene. He is one half of ‘The Wildflowers’ who just released their album ‘Another Day In A Country Town.
We’re doing Show and Tell at the AGM
Saturday 25 June, in the afternoon
We’re looking for arts and heritage practitioners and groups in the Cowra LGA to share their stories in very quick (3 minute) Show and Tells.
How it works: You’ll provide up to 20 images to be played on a loop on the big screen. You’ll talk at the same time, telling your story or pitching your project in the most interesting way you can. You’ll have 3 minutes total.
The detail: Images will need to be provided to Arts OutWest via PowerPoint file or Dropbox by Monday 19 June.
Who: We have room for 12 presentations total.
At the AGM we’ll also have a camera set up to capture your memories of past Arts OurWest projects and activities as we head into our 50th anniversary year. Bring your stories!