Arts On Tour’s Artist Residency Initiative for 2021
A new initiative that sees Arts on Tour play a supporting role in the development of performance projects initiated and seeded by regional NSW communities.
Arts On Tour’s vision is for every community to have a creative pulse, made stronger by the arts experiences we bring.
The Artist Residency Initiative expands our offering in line with our vision, by effectively extending our touring services from productions to artists. Arts On Tour’s aim is to build capacity for regional venues, producers, and artists and contribute to the artistic vibrancy of local performing arts communities across regional NSW by supporting what’s being generated locally.
How does it work?
In its essence, the Artist Residency Initiative is a brokering service. AOT connects with artists (writers, directors, creative producers, designers, actors) and arts organisations across NSW, and we can ‘match up’ artists to regional projects. Each project will look different, and we offer a range of services as part of the Initiative, from consultation to travel management to support in applying for funding.
Is it funded?
Yes! You can apply for between $2,500 – $10,000. AOT has $40,000 for this project in 2021.
Who’s it for?
Venues, artists, producers, creative generators and community leaders based in regional NSW are eligible to apply. You may be looking for a professional artist or creative producer to:
- provide the rocket fuel behind your project
- provide upskilling to advance your idea into a concrete plan
- build your capacity of the artists involved to take the project to the next level
- support the creative development of the project in a particular skill are
Selection criteria – what they we looking for?
• Impact – of the project to build capacity and artistic vibrancy
• People – the calibre, commitment and potential of the artists/creative generators involved
• Diversity – of the project in terms of leadership and involvement of First Nations and culturally and linguistically diverse artists and artists with disability
• Viability – of the project to be implemented and to achieve its goals
How do I get involved?
You can apply by writing an EOI, max 2 pages in length, outlining:
• Who you are
• A description of your idea, need, or project
• What it is you are looking for – an upskilling or brainstorming weekend intensive, a period of creative development, or something else?
• A short description of how your project addresses the selection criteria
• Details of when and where would you like to undertake the project
Please also attach with your EOI short bios of yourself and the artists/creatives involved.
Deadline for EOIs
• Friday 29th January, 5pm
Have questions or want to chat about an idea?
• Arts On Tour encourage you to please get in touch with Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8038 1880 to discuss your idea before you submit an EOI.
This project is proudly supported by the NSW Government through Create NSW as part of Arts Restart