Board and Governance of Arts OutWest
Arts OutWest is an independent incorporated association, under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009.
The 2019 annual report was presented at the AGM Sunday 24 May, 2020 via zoom due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- AOW 2019 annual report pdf (contact us if you’d prefer a hard copy version)
- AOW Audited Financial Statements (pdf)
Arts OutWest has two levels of governance: the Committee of Management (to be known as The Board) and the Advisory Council.
The Advisory Council’s job is to help set strategic policy and to advise about the priorities which the organisation should be pursuing. They also monitor the progress of Arts OutWest in delivering this policy.
The Board’s job is to manage the organisation including financial management and to ensure that the organisation is compliant and functioning well. The Board appoints and manages the Executive Director who is in turn responsible for managing the staff.
(from AGM Sunday 24 May, 2020)
- Chair – Fran Charge, President Oberon Arts Council (Oberon)
- Vice-Chair – Deb Bardon Human resources specialist, Charles Sturt University
- Treasurer – Amanda Spalding, chartered accountant, Principal Amanda Spalding Consulting (Orange)
- Secretary – Margot Jolly, heritage consultant (Forbes)
- Osla Thomason, artist and chair person of Canowindra Art Gallery (Cowra)
- Chair Advisory Council – Cr Carly Brown, Weddin Shire Council (Weddin)
- Adam Deusien, independent theatre maker/ founder Lingua Franca (Bathurst)
- Madi Young, artist and director of The Corner Store Gallery Orange (Orange)
- Maz Rees, HR and legal specialist (Forbes)
- Zeke Shaw, NSW Child, Family and Community Peak Aboriginal Corporation (Orange)
- Chair – Cr Carly Brown Weddin Shire Councillor
- Heather Blackley President Lachlan Arts Council
- Cr Susan Chau (Forbes)
- Brian Langer Director Cowra Regional Art Gallery
- Scott Maunder Director Community, Recreation & Cultural Services, Orange City Council (Orange)
- Penny May visual artist (Blayney)
- Cr Monica Morse Bathurst Regional Council Councillor
- Kay Nankervis theatre / media lecturer Charles Sturt Univerisy
- Cr Libby Oldham Cabonne Councillor
- Warwick Tom Community theatre (Parkes)
- Cr Steve Ring Lithgow councillor
If you would prefer, you can make a tax deductible donation to the Arts OutWest Cultural Fund.