Supporting The Creative Industries
Support to the creative industries is one of the four key focus areas of Arts OutWest.
The creative industries are the parts of our economy where creative skills are at the fore:
- visual arts, design and architecture
- film, TV and radio
- advertising and marketing
- music and performing arts
- writing, publishing and print media
- digital media
- heritage and culture
- community festivals and events.
Arts OutWest supports the creative industries through:
- Professional development opportunities
- Networking events
- Advice and information
- Promotion of events
- Contributing to research and advocacy
- Co-managing the Kew Y Ahn Aboriginal Art Gallery
Arts OutWest lists local creative businesses in our online Central West Cultural Directory.
Arts OutWest executive officer Tracey Callinan is undertaking research into the creative industries in regional Australia for her Phd.
Recent creative industries projects:
- Portfolio Project (2014)
- International ‘Australian Pavilion Project’ and ‘Prepare to Exchange’ (2013)
- Central West Creative Industries Survey (2008)