Paddington Art Prize Opportunity
Welcome to the Paddington Art Prize 2018. We are proud to announce that we have increased the prize money for our main prize to $30,000. Online submissions NOW OPEN.
We are thrilled to welcome DEFIANCE GALLERY as a new sponsor this year. They will offer 2 unrepresented artists, who have been selected as finalists, the opportunity to show with Defiance Gallery at Mary Place Gallery in 2019.
Online artist submissions are now open on our website. We look forward to sharing another exciting year with everyone.
THE PADDINGTON ART PRIZE:
- $30,000 National acquisitive prize for a painting inspired by the Australian landscape.
- $3,000 Honourable Mention Prize sponsored by Chris Antico.
- Highly Commended Award with a $1,000 gift certificate from Sydney Art Store.
- People’s Choice Award with a $1,000 gift certificate from Charvin Oils.
- Defiance Gallery will offer 2 unrepresented artists who have been selected as finalists, the opportunity to have an exhibition with Defiance Gallery at Mary Place Gallery in 2019.
- UNSW Art & Design will offer a selected artist the opportunity to create a limited edition print.
- Sofala Cottage is offering a one week retreat to a selected artist.
TO ENTER: https://paddingtonartprize.com.au/
OUR 3 JUDGES THIS YEAR ARE:
- Katrina Cashman, Assistant Director/ Senior Curator at Mosman Regional Art Gallery
- Tony Costa, artist and our 2014 Paddington Art Prize winner
- Ramesh Mario Nithiyendran, artist & Associate Lecturer at UNSW Art & Design.
Opening Night and exhibition of finalists will now be held at MENZIES ART BRANDS, 12 Todman Avenue, Kensington on Monday, 17 September 6-8pm.
Image: Winner Paddington Art Prize 2017 – Fissure (Gardens of Stone) by Tim Allen