Here’s a winter list of funding opportunities plus fellowships, awards, exhibition call outs and more.
updated July 31 2018. Scroll down for the full list:
- Fellowships / scholarships
- Calling for entries
- Public art expressions of interest
- Courses, study
- Participate in…
- Competitions, awards
- For central west NSW visual art closing dates
- For general central west NSW arts opportunities (all artforms)
- For touring theatre opportunities 2018-19
- Australia Council for the Arts: Career Development Grants for Individuals – $5,000 – $25,000. Closing dates 2018: Tuesday 5 June, Tuesday 2 October 2018.
- Australia Council for the Arts: Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups. Closing dates Tuesday 5 June 2018, Tuesday 2 October 2018.
- Australia Council for the Arts: Arts Projects – Organisations Closing dates Tuesday 6 February 2018, Tuesday 5 June 2018, Tuesday 2 October 2018.
- Playing Australia: Regional Performing Arts Touring Fund. Closing dates Tuesday 5 June 2018, Tuesday 2 October 2018.
- The Orange Regional Arts Foundation Proposals will be accepted twice each calendar year – by 30th March and 30th October. All proposals will be considered by the Board of ORAF. Closing 30 September 2018
- Charles Sturt University. Rural & Regional Arts & Culture Small Grants Program. Closing date TBA (2017 date was March 31).
- Regional Arts Fund (RAF) Community Grants. Opens Tues 19 June Closes 10 August, 2018
- Artist Support (Quick Response) Opens 29 June 2018 Closes 01 April 2019
- Country Arts Support Program (CASP) Applications open: Tuesday 12 June Applications close: Friday 3 August, 17:00 AEST (5pm)
- NSW Parliament Plein Air Painting Prize Online entries will be accepted:
Monday 2 July to Monday 6 August 2018
- Access for Regional Writers Grants Round 1 opening date: 4 June 2018
Round 1 closing date: 17 June 2018
For project period: 1 July 2018 to 31 December 2018
Round 2 opening date: 19 November 2018
Round 2 closing date: 2 December 2018
For project period: 1 January 2019 to 30 June 2019
- REC Ya Shorts’ Youth Film Festival Now Open! Submit your film to the festival before Monday 24 September, 2018 at 11:59pm.
Others to watch who haven’t announced closing dates yet or are ongoing:
- Clubgrants Category 3 Infrastructure Grants Liquor & Gaming NSW offers grants to communities across NSW to support the building, renovation and fit out of infrastructure. Funding is available for sport and recreation, arts and cultural infrastructure, and projects that enhance facilities used to shelter communities and provide emergency services.
- Aboriginal Regional Arts Fund Supports arts projects that celebrate and promote Aboriginal cultural identities in regional NSW and, by doing so, make the rich and diverse Aboriginal cultures of regional NSW more visible and accessible.
- Copyright Agency Cultural Fund
- Regional Filming Fund (RFF)
- The Australian Cultural Fund
- Australian Children’s Music Foundation
- Screen Australia; Feature films Production and Completion /Post-production
- Aboriginal Benefits Foundation Grant Funding
- PPCA Performers Trust Foundation Grants
- NSW Government: Regional Growth Fund.
- GROW A Star encourages generational change and encourage community connectedness within young people and give them access to sporting, musical and academic activities.
- Northcott’s FundAbility small grants for NSW-based events, community facilities or activities to become more inclusive and welcoming for children and young people with disabilities.
- Australian Ethical Investments Community Grants Program donates 10% of its pre-tax profits to organisations making a positive difference in the world. $5000, $10,000 & $20,000. Eligible organisations include those working for charitable, benevolent and conservation.
- Australian Communities Foundation. Contact 0394120412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community War Memorials Fund
- Community Commemorative Grants (CCG)
- Museums & Galleries NSW. Museum & Gallery Building Improvement Program.
- Small Grants for Rural Communities (SGRC) Grants of up to $5,000 are available for projects and activities that offer clear public benefit for communities in rural, regional or remote Australia. Priority is given to communities of 10,000 or fewer.
- Audience Development Fund Offers public galleries in NSW assistance in targeting and developing new audiences. Up to $8,000 for each grant (no minimum).
- CUP Rural and Regional Indigenous Community Engagement Program – Small grants ($500 – $1,500) are available from the Indigenous Students Centre to support community or individual initiatives through contributions to cultural, economic, sporting and related activities and build higher education aspiration and awareness particularly among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in rural and regional communities in CSU’s campus footprint.
- Grow a Star – encourages generational change and encourage community connectedness within our young people and give them access to sporting, musical and academic activities.
- Australian Ethical Investments Community Grants Program
- Australian Communities Foundation 0394120412 or email email@example.com
- Propeller Youth Grants
- The Impact Investment Readiness Fund
- Sunsuper Dreams Program 4 closing dates per year
- Screen Australia Hot Shots Program
- Regional Filming Fund (RFF)
- Volunteer Museum Grants: Leg Up grants – applications accepted at any time
- Create NSW Aboriginal Quick Response – no closing date
- Create NSW Artist Support Quick Response – no closing date
Lots more at http://regionalartsnsw.com.au/grants/?closing=2018-02
Applying for a grant? Remember you can get a letter of support or some advice from Arts OutWest.
Awards/ Fellowships/ scholarships
- Indigenous Producer Internship Program [Screen Industry]
- Kill Your Darlings Unpublished Manuscript Award. Closes March 31, 2018.
‘behind closed doors’ scholarships provide professional development, mentoring and networking opportunities in an environment specifically tailored to women.
- The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust. Churchill Fellowship. Closes April 27, 2018.
- Varuna the National Writers House. The LitLink Residential Fellowship. Closes April 15, 2018.
- Hilla Rebay International Fellowship. Closes May 15, 2018.
- Australia Council for the Arts. Fellowships. Closes June 5, 2018.
- National Association for the Visual Arts (NAVA). Freedman Foundation Travelling Scholarship for Emerging Artists. Closes June 30, 2018.
- SUBSTATION Emerging Artist Studio Residency. Closes February 9, 2018.
- University of Sydney. Writer in Residence. Closes February 10, 2018.
- Northern Rivers Community Gallery. Visiting Artist-in-Residence Opportunities. Closes February 11, 2018.
- Duo Percival Photographic Portrait Prize – Closing 12 February 2018
- Aurora Internship Program. Closes March 30, 2018.
- Melbourne Theatre Company next stage Writers program residencies
Calling for exhibitors/ art competitions
- Art Farm Birchs Bay Art Trail. Closes February 4, 2018.
- Wyndham Art Prize. Closes February 9, 2018.
- The Morris Art Prize. Closes February 9, 2018.
- Pinnacles Gallery. DUO Magazine Percival Photographic Portrait Prize. Closes February 12, 2018.
- Hutchins Australian Contemporary Art Prize. Closes March 2, 2018.
- Milburn Art Prize. Closes March 5, 2018.
- 2018 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize. Closes March 7, 2018.
- HIDDEN: Rookwood Cemetery Sculpture Walk 2018. Closes March 12, 2018.
- Gallipoli Art Prize. Closes 14 March 2018.
- FUSE Glass Prize. Closes March 16, 2018.
- Museum and Art Gallery Northern Territory. Telstra National Aboriginal &Torres Strait Islander Art Awards. Closes March 16, 2018
- David Bryce Rural Art Award. Closes March 16, 2018.
- Call for Works, Sculpture in an Orange Garden Closes 24 March 2018
- Stanthorpe Art Prize. Closes April 4, 2018.
- The Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery. National Works on Paper. Closes April 6, 2018.
- Bendigo Art Gallery. Paul Guest Prize. Closes April 16, 2018.
- The Ravenswood Australian Women’s Art Prize. Closes April 17, 2018.
- 2018 Religious Short Film Prize Entries Close 5pm Monday 30 April 2018.
- Hadley’s Orient Hotel. Hadley’s Art Prize. Closes May 18, 2018.
- Resource Work Cooperative. Art From Trash. Closes May 22, 2018.
- EXHIBITORS/DEMONSTRATORS WANTED. Would you like to demonstrate your heritage trade/craft in May 2018? And if you make items, do you want to be able to sell them? Old and rare farm trades, hand made trades, building trades, restoration trades, soft trades & craftwork? We can send you an info pack by email. Please register your expression of interest at firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses, study, professional development
- NAVA Online courses
- Museums and galleries NSW: Standards Review Program is now seeking participants for 2018. This program helps small to medium museums manage their organisations, engage with the community and care for their collections.
- Diploma Of Music at Mitchell Conservatorium via CQU.