Make your summer a productive one with our big list of funding opportunities plus fellowships, awards, exhibition call outs and more.
updated December 11 2017. Scroll down for the full list:
- Fellowships / scholarships
- Calling for exhibitors
- Public art expressions of interest
- Courses, study
- Participate in…
- Competitions, awards
- For central west NSW visual art closing dates click here
- For general central west NSW arts opportunities (all artforms) click here
- For touring theatre opportunities 2018-19 click here
HIGHLIGHT: Create NSW Arts & Cultural Projects. Arts and Cultural Projects funding supports professional arts and cultural projects at any stage of the creative process. Closes 11 December 2017
- Unity Grants. Closes 12pm December 15, 2017
- Darling Travel Grants for international travel Close 19 January 2018
- New South Wales Artists’ Grant – Closing 20 January 2018
- Australia Council for the Arts: Career Development Grants for Individuals – $5,000 – $25,000. Closing dates 2018: Tuesday 6 February, Tuesday 5 June, Tuesday 2 October 2018.
- Australia Council for the Arts: Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups. Closing dates Tuesday 6 February 2018, Tuesday 5 June 2018, Tuesday 2 October 2018.
- Australia Council for the Arts: Arts Projects – Organisations Closing dates Tuesday 6 February 2018, Tuesday 5 June 2018, Tuesday 2 October 2018.
- Playing Australia: Regional Performing Arts Touring Fund. Closing dates Tuesday 6 February 2018, Tuesday 5 June 2018, Tuesday 2 October 2018.
- APRA AMCOS Art Music Fund, Closes 20 February 2018
- History Council of New South Wales – Awards and Prizes. Closes 31 March 2018.
- Clubgrants Category 3 Infrastructure Grants Liquor & Gaming NSW offers grants to communities across NSW to support the building, renovation and fit out of infrastructure. Funding is available for sport and recreation, arts and cultural infrastructure, and projects that enhance facilities used to shelter communities and provide emergency services.
- Aboriginal Regional Arts Fund Supports arts projects that celebrate and promote Aboriginal cultural identities in regional NSW and, by doing so, make the rich and diverse Aboriginal cultures of regional NSW more visible and accessible.
General / ongoing funding sources:
- Copyright Agency Cultural Fund
- Regional Filming Fund (RFF)
- The Australian Cultural Fund
- Australian Children’s Music Foundation
- Screen Australia; Feature films Production and Completion /Post-production
- Aboriginal Benefits Foundation Grant Funding
- PPCA Performers Trust Foundation Grants
- NSW Government: Regional Growth Fund.
- GROW A Star encourages generational change and encourage community connectedness within young people and give them access to sporting, musical and academic activities.
- Northcott’s FundAbility small grants for NSW-based events, community facilities or activities to become more inclusive and welcoming for children and young people with disabilities.
- Australian Ethical Investments Community Grants Program donates 10% of its pre-tax profits to organisations making a positive difference in the world. $5000, $10,000 & $20,000. Eligible organisations include those working for charitable, benevolent and conservation.
- Australian Communities Foundation. Contact 0394120412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community War Memorials Fund
- Community Commemorative Grants (CCG)
- Museums & Galleries NSW. Museum & Gallery Building Improvement Program.
- Small Grants for Rural Communities (SGRC) Grants of up to $5,000 are available for projects and activities that offer clear public benefit for communities in rural, regional or remote Australia. Priority is given to communities of 10,000 or fewer.
- Audience Development Fund Offers public galleries in NSW assistance in targeting and developing new audiences. Up to $8,000 for each grant (no minimum).
- CUP Rural and Regional Indigenous Community Engagement Program – Small grants ($500 – $1,500) are available from the Indigenous Students Centre to support community or individual initiatives through contributions to cultural, economic, sporting and related activities and build higher education aspiration and awareness particularly among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in rural and regional communities in CSU’s campus footprint.
- Grow a Star – encourages generational change and encourage community connectedness within our young people and give them access to sporting, musical and academic activities.
- Australian Ethical Investments Community Grants Program
- Australian Communities Foundation 0394120412 or email email@example.com
- Propeller Youth Grants
- The Impact Investment Readiness Fund
- Sunsuper Dreams Program 4 closing dates per year
- Screen Australia Hot Shots Program
- Regional Filming Fund (RFF)
- Volunteer Museum Grants: Leg Up grants – applications accepted at any time
- Create NSW Aboriginal Quick Response – no closing date
- Create NSW Artist Support Quick Response – no closing date
Applying for a grant? Remember you can get a letter of support or some advice from Arts OutWest.
Awards/ Fellowships/ scholarships
- Indigenous Producer Internship Program [Screen Industry]
- ‘behind closed doors’ scholarships provide professional development, mentoring and networking opportunities in an environment specifically tailored to women.
- Broken Hill Artist Residency. Broken Hill Arts Exchange. Closing date: Dec 30, 2017
- Duo Percival Photographic Portrait Prize – Closing 12 February 2018
- Melbourne Theatre Company next stage Writers program residencies
Calling for exhibitors/ art competitions
- Exhibition Proposals, Orange Regional Gallery – 29 December 2017
- Tremains Mill Art Prize. Entries close 31 December 2017
- Art of Australia Day. Parkes, January 25-29, 2018.
- Expressions of Interest, ITEM Spring Plenary in Porto, Australia Council – 23 January 2018
- Call for Submissions, NSW Writers’ Centre Kids & YA Festival – 28 January 2018
- The Alice Prize is an acquisitive national contemporary art prize, welcoming entries from around Australia, in any medium or theme. Closes January 31, 2018
- Call for Works, Sculpture in an Orange Garden – 24 March 2018
- 2018 Religious Short Film Prize Entries Close 5pm Monday 30 April 2018.
- EXHIBITORS/DEMONSTRATORS WANTED. Would you like to demonstrate your heritage trade/craft in May 2018? And if you make items, do you want to be able to sell them? Old and rare farm trades, hand made trades, building trades, restoration trades, soft trades & craftwork? We can send you an info pack by email. Please register your expression of interest at firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses, study, professional development
- NAVA Online courses
- Museums and galleries NSW: Standards Review Program is now seeking participants for 2018. This program helps small to medium museums manage their organisations, engage with the community and care for their collections.
- Diploma Of Music at Mitchell Conservatorium via CQU.
Three full-time Museum Coordinator jobs in Bathurst
– Australian Fossil and Mineral Museum
– National Motor Racing Museum
– Bathurst Rail Museum and Chifley Home.
Applications close 19 January 2018.