Opportunities in September
A big list of funding opportunities plus fellowships, awards, exhibition call outs and more.
updated 19 September 2017. Scroll down for the full list:
- Fellowships / scholarships
- Calling for exhibitors
- Public art expressions of interest
- Courses, study
- Participate in…
- Competitions, awards
- Australia Council Grant Programs – various closing dates
- National Carers Week (October). Grants of $250 for events.
- NAVA: Visual Arts Fellowship. Closes 23 September 2017.
- Small Grants for Rural Communities (SGRC) – closes 27 September 2017
- NSW Artists Grant. Closes October 21, 2017
- NSW Growing Local Economies funding. unlocking the economic potential of regional towns and cities and creating jobs. Opens July 2017
- Resources for Regions delivering infrastructure and community requirements in mining affected communities. Opens July 2017
- Stronger Country Communities investing in projects that improve local amenities for residents, such as upgrades to local parks, community centres and playgrounds. Opens July 2017
Cowra Community Grants Round One. Closes Friday September 29, 2017.
Screenworks Regional Producer Elevator Program 2018 closes October 3, 2017.
- Australian Artists Grant. Closes 4 November 2017.
- Stronger Country Communities Fund. Bathurst Region fund now open: To nominate a project you think should be included in Council’s list of priority projects go to www.yoursay.bathurst.nsw.gov.au
- Australia Council Arts Projects – Organisations – $10,000 – $100,000– Next round closes Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups – $10,000 – $50,000 – Next round closes Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Career Development Grants for Individuals – $5,000 – $25,000 – Next rounds closes Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Playing Australia: Regional Performing Arts Touring Fund – Next rounds closes Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- MusicNSW Opportunity Development Grants 2017. Round 2 closes 6 October, 2017.
- Museums & Galleries NSW. Museum & Gallery Building Improvement Program.
- Small Grants for Rural Communities (SGRC) Grants of up to $5,000 are available for projects and activities that offer clear public benefit for communities in rural, regional or remote Australia. Priority is given to communities of 10,000 or fewer.
- Audience Development Fund Offers public galleries in NSW assistance in targeting and developing new audiences. Up to $8,000 for each grant (no minimum).
- CUP Rural and Regional Indigenous Community Engagement Program – Small grants ($500 – $1,500) are available from the Indigenous Students Centre to support community or individual initiatives through contributions to cultural, economic, sporting and related activities and build higher education aspiration and awareness particularly among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in rural and regional communities in CSU’s campus footprint.
- Grow a Star – encourages generational change and encourage community connectedness within our young people and give them access to sporting, musical and academic activities.
- Australian Ethical Investments Community Grants Program
- Australian Communities Foundation 0394120412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Propeller Youth Grants
- The Impact Investment Readiness Fund
- Sunsuper Dreams Program 4 closing dates per year
- The Australian Cultural Fund
- Aboriginal Benefits Foundation Grant Funding
- PPCA Performers Trust Foundation Grants
- Screen Australia Hot Shots Program
- Regional Filming Fund (RFF)
- Volunteer Museum Grants: Leg Up grants – applications accepted at any time
Applying for a grant? Remember you can get a letter of support or some advice from Arts OutWest.
- NAVA: Visual Arts Fellowship. Closes September 23, 2017.
- National Library of Australia Fellowships: Summer Scholarships for young researchers aged under 30 undertaking PhD studies. Closes 30 September 2017.
- CAL Visual Arts Fellowship Closes 23 September 2017
- Create NSW: Young Regional Artist Fellowship. Closes 30 October 2017
- Varuna Creative Writing Fellowships for Regional NSW Writers
- ‘behind closed doors’ scholarships provide professional development, mentoring and networking opportunities in an environment specifically tailored to women.
- Fremantle Artist Residency. Closes 30 September 2017.
- Australia Council Residency in the USA for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Artist: Kluge-Ruhe Residency In Virginia. Applications close Tuesday 3 October 2017
- Varuna Writers Residency. Closing date: Nov 1, 2017
- Broken Hill Artist Residency. Broken Hill Arts Exchange. Closing date: Dec 30, 2017
- Melbourne Theatre Company next stage Writers program residencies
Calling for exhibitors
Bathurst Art Fair at Bathurst Regional Art Gallery. 28 September – 4 October. Entries close 24 September 2017.
- Call for artists: Hartley Store Market Day. First and third Sunday of the month from 8am to 12pm. $25 per space. https://www.facebook.com/Wendyanneart
Peak Hill Landscape Awards. Entries due September 26, 2017.
- Cosies at the Corner. September 29 – October 12 at Craft Corner Parkes. Entries close September 15, 2017.
Lachlan Valley Biennial Art Exhibition. Organised by the Cowra Art Group. Runs October 14-29, 2017. Entries close Friday 29 September 2017. See listing under Whats On.
- 2017 Insider / Outsider Sculpture Prize At The Corner Store Gallery Orange and Small Acres Cyder. Exhibition October 12-29, 2017.
- Coraki Art Prize. Closes 18 October 2017.
- Lithgow NAIDOC 2017 Stall Holders Wanted. Fee for Commercial stalls. No fee for community stalls. Event: 21 & 22 October 2017 at Port Macquarie Homestead – Capertee Valley. Contact: 0484 189 122 email@example.com To book a Stall
- Tremains Mill Art Prize. Entries close 31 December 2017
- Art of Australia Day. Parkes, January 25-29, 2018.
Courses, study, professional development
- Auditions for NAISDA’s 2018 Intake. Applications close 20 October 2017 for auditions in December.
- 2017 HomeGround Application. professional development program at Western Plains Cultural Centre Dubbo. Applications close 18 September 2017.
- NAVA Online courses
- Diploma Of Music at Mitchell Conservatorium via CQU.
- Music: Count Us In Music Australia program for schools. National event November 2, 2017.
- Ambassadors for Healthy Rivers Artist Call out. [pdf]
Competitions and awards
- inaugural Artbank + ACMI Commission. Applications close 15 September 2017.
- Head on Photo Festival Entries Close 17 September 2017.
- Dance Rites. Australia’s National Indigenous Dance Competition. Dance Rites returns to Sydney Opera House on Sunday 26 November 2017. Registrations close 25 September 2017.
- Australian Children’s Music Foundation National Songwriting Competition. Closes September 26, 2017.
- Flickerfest. Entries close September 29, 2017.
- NSW Children’s Week the Office of the Advocate for Young People (ACYP) Design Competition. For under 18 year olds. Closes Friday 13 October 2017.
- UnScene | Short Film Competition. Closes 30 October 2017.
- Art News Portal Young Art Journalism Awards. Closing date: Oct 31, 2017.