Opportunities in October
A big list of funding opportunities plus fellowships, awards, exhibition call outs and more.
updated 17 October 2017. Scroll down for the full list:
- Fellowships / scholarships
- Calling for exhibitors
- Public art expressions of interest
- Courses, study
- Participate in…
- Competitions, awards
- For central west NSW visual art closing dates click here
- For general central west NSW arts opportunities (all artforms) click here
- For touring theatre opportunities 2018-19 click here
- Festivals Australia. Closes 20 October 2017.
- NAVA/ Create NSW NSW Artists Grant. Artists from Regional NSW and Western Sydney are encouraged to apply. Closes October 21, 2017
Young Regional Artist Scholarship – Closing 30 October
- Screenworks Director Pathways Program – Closing 2 November
- The Australian Artists’ Grant is initiated by NAVA to assist professional visual and media arts, craft and design practitioners to produce, present and promote their work throughout Australia and overseas. Closes Saturday 4 November 2017
General / ongoing funding sources:
- Museums & Galleries NSW. Museum & Gallery Building Improvement Program.
- Small Grants for Rural Communities (SGRC) Grants of up to $5,000 are available for projects and activities that offer clear public benefit for communities in rural, regional or remote Australia. Priority is given to communities of 10,000 or fewer.
- Audience Development Fund Offers public galleries in NSW assistance in targeting and developing new audiences. Up to $8,000 for each grant (no minimum).
- CUP Rural and Regional Indigenous Community Engagement Program – Small grants ($500 – $1,500) are available from the Indigenous Students Centre to support community or individual initiatives through contributions to cultural, economic, sporting and related activities and build higher education aspiration and awareness particularly among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in rural and regional communities in CSU’s campus footprint.
- Grow a Star – encourages generational change and encourage community connectedness within our young people and give them access to sporting, musical and academic activities.
- Australian Ethical Investments Community Grants Program
- Australian Communities Foundation 0394120412 or email email@example.com
- Propeller Youth Grants
- The Impact Investment Readiness Fund
- Sunsuper Dreams Program 4 closing dates per year
- The Australian Cultural Fund
- Aboriginal Benefits Foundation Grant Funding
- PPCA Performers Trust Foundation Grants
- Screen Australia Hot Shots Program
- Regional Filming Fund (RFF)
- Volunteer Museum Grants: Leg Up grants – applications accepted at any time
- Create NSW Aboriginal Quick Response – no closing date
- Create NSW Artist Support Quick Response – no closing date
Applying for a grant? Remember you can get a letter of support or some advice from Arts OutWest.
- Create NSW: Young Regional Artist Fellowship. Closes 30 October 2017
- Copland Foundation Grants Applications for acquisition grants are accepted at any time, while the deadline for those relating to conservation or interpretation projects is November 15th each year.
- ‘behind closed doors’ scholarships provide professional development, mentoring and networking opportunities in an environment specifically tailored to women.
Hill End Artist in Residence 2018. Closes 31 October 2017
- Varuna Writers Residency. Closing date: Nov 1, 2017
- Broken Hill Artist Residency. Broken Hill Arts Exchange. Closing date: Dec 30, 2017
- Melbourne Theatre Company next stage Writers program residencies
Calling for exhibitors
- Homeground (Western Plains Cultural Centre Dubbo). Applications close 5pm 20 October 2017.
- Call for artists: Hartley Store Market Day. First and third Sunday of the month from 8am to 12pm. $25 per space. https://www.facebook.com/Wendyanneart
- 2017 Insider / Outsider Sculpture Prize At The Corner Store Gallery Orange and Small Acres Cyder. Exhibition October 12-29, 2017.
- Coraki Art Prize. Closes 18 October 2017.
- Tremains Mill Art Prize. Entries close 31 December 2017
- Art of Australia Day. Parkes, January 25-29, 2018.
Courses, study, professional development
- Auditions for NAISDA’s 2018 Intake. Applications close 20 October 2017 for auditions in December.
- 2017 HomeGround Application. professional development program at Western Plains Cultural Centre Dubbo. Applications close 18 September 2017.
- NAVA Online courses
- Diploma Of Music at Mitchell Conservatorium via CQU.
- Music: Count Us In Music Australia program for schools. National event November 2, 2017.
- Ambassadors for Healthy Rivers Artist Call out. [pdf]
Competitions and awards
- UnScene | Short Film Competition. Closes 30 October 2017.
- Art News Portal Young Art Journalism Awards. Closing date: Oct 31, 2017.
- 30 X 30 ART PRIZE ART PIECE GALLERY Closes 31 October 2017.
- 2018 Religious Short Film Prize Entries Close 5pm Monday 30 April 2018.