Opportunities in November
A big list of funding opportunities plus fellowships, awards, exhibition call outs and more.
updated 13 November 2017. Scroll down for the full list:
- Fellowships / scholarships
- Calling for exhibitors
- Public art expressions of interest
- Courses, study
- Participate in…
- Competitions, awards
- For central west NSW visual art closing dates click here
- For general central west NSW arts opportunities (all artforms) click here
- For touring theatre opportunities 2018-19 click here
- NSW Department of Family and Community Services (NSW FACS): Liveable Communities Grants Programs. Applications close 20 November 2017.
- NSW Office of Environment and Heritage: Heritage Grants Program. The following Heritage Funds are currently open for: Aboriginal Heritage ($20,000-$70,000), matched funding required only from Local CouncilsCommunity Heritage Projects ($25,000-$50,000)Local Government Heritage Planning Studies (up to $40,000). Applications close 29 November 2017.
- Music NSW: Indent Development Grants. Closes 1 December 2017.
- New South Wales Artists’ Grant – Closing 20 January 2018
- NSW Government: Regional Growth Fund.
- Copland Foundation Grants. Grants for the study, management, conservation, acquisition, and interpretation of collections. Applications for acquisition grants are accepted at any time, while the deadline for those relating to conservation or interpretation projects is November 15.
General / ongoing funding sources:
- Museums & Galleries NSW. Museum & Gallery Building Improvement Program.
- Small Grants for Rural Communities (SGRC) Grants of up to $5,000 are available for projects and activities that offer clear public benefit for communities in rural, regional or remote Australia. Priority is given to communities of 10,000 or fewer.
- Audience Development Fund Offers public galleries in NSW assistance in targeting and developing new audiences. Up to $8,000 for each grant (no minimum).
- CUP Rural and Regional Indigenous Community Engagement Program – Small grants ($500 – $1,500) are available from the Indigenous Students Centre to support community or individual initiatives through contributions to cultural, economic, sporting and related activities and build higher education aspiration and awareness particularly among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in rural and regional communities in CSU’s campus footprint.
- Grow a Star – encourages generational change and encourage community connectedness within our young people and give them access to sporting, musical and academic activities.
- Australian Ethical Investments Community Grants Program
- Australian Communities Foundation 0394120412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Propeller Youth Grants
- The Impact Investment Readiness Fund
- Sunsuper Dreams Program 4 closing dates per year
- The Australian Cultural Fund
- Aboriginal Benefits Foundation Grant Funding
- PPCA Performers Trust Foundation Grants
- Screen Australia Hot Shots Program
- Regional Filming Fund (RFF)
- Volunteer Museum Grants: Leg Up grants – applications accepted at any time
- Create NSW Aboriginal Quick Response – no closing date
- Create NSW Artist Support Quick Response – no closing date
Applying for a grant? Remember you can get a letter of support or some advice from Arts OutWest.
- Copland Foundation Grants Applications for acquisition grants are accepted at any time, while the deadline for those relating to conservation or interpretation projects is November 15 each year.
- ‘behind closed doors’ scholarships provide professional development, mentoring and networking opportunities in an environment specifically tailored to women.
Bell Shakespeare’s Regional Teacher Mentorship
30 teachers from regional and remote Australian schools a fully funded, year-long mentorship with Bell Shakespeare. Monday 27 November 2017.
- Art of the Threatened Species Residency – Closing 17 November
- 2018 Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre Artist in Residence – Closing 1 December
- Broken Hill Artist Residency. Broken Hill Arts Exchange. Closing date: Dec 30, 2017
- Duo Percival Photographic Portrait Prize – Closing 12 February 2018
- Melbourne Theatre Company next stage Writers program residencies
Calling for exhibitors
- National Photographic Portrait Prize – Closing 20 November
- Tremains Mill Art Prize. Entries close 31 December 2017
- Art of Australia Day. Parkes, January 25-29, 2018.
- 2018 Religious Short Film Prize Entries Close 5pm Monday 30 April 2018.
Courses, study, professional development
- NAVA Online courses
- Museums and galleries NSW: Standards Review Program is now seeking participants for 2018. This program helps small to medium museums manage their organisations, engage with the community and care for their collections.
- Diploma Of Music at Mitchell Conservatorium via CQU.