Opportunities in November
A big list of funding opportunities plus fellowships, awards, exhibition call outs and more.
updated 5 December 2017. Scroll down for the full list:
- Fellowships / scholarships
- Calling for exhibitors
- Public art expressions of interest
- Courses, study
- Participate in…
- Competitions, awards
- For central west NSW visual art closing dates click here
- For general central west NSW arts opportunities (all artforms) click here
- For touring theatre opportunities 2018-19 click here
- Ian Potter Foundation: Arts Grant
Grants to support innovative arts organisations fostering sector or art form development to host artists in fellowships, mentorships or other professional development opportunities of at least 12 months. Expressions of Interest open November 6 and close December 8 2017.
- Create NSW: Arts and Cultural Projects. Arts and Cultural Projects funding supports professional arts and cultural projects at any stage of the creative process. Applications close December 11 2017.
- New South Wales Artists’ Grant – Closing 20 January 2018
- Darling Travel Grants for international travel Close 19 January 2018
- NSW Government: Regional Growth Fund.
- Copland Foundation Grants. Grants for the study, management, conservation, acquisition, and interpretation of collections. Applications for acquisition grants are accepted at any time, while the deadline for those relating to conservation or interpretation projects is November 15.
General / ongoing funding sources:
- Museums & Galleries NSW. Museum & Gallery Building Improvement Program.
- Small Grants for Rural Communities (SGRC) Grants of up to $5,000 are available for projects and activities that offer clear public benefit for communities in rural, regional or remote Australia. Priority is given to communities of 10,000 or fewer.
- Audience Development Fund Offers public galleries in NSW assistance in targeting and developing new audiences. Up to $8,000 for each grant (no minimum).
- CUP Rural and Regional Indigenous Community Engagement Program – Small grants ($500 – $1,500) are available from the Indigenous Students Centre to support community or individual initiatives through contributions to cultural, economic, sporting and related activities and build higher education aspiration and awareness particularly among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in rural and regional communities in CSU’s campus footprint.
- Grow a Star – encourages generational change and encourage community connectedness within our young people and give them access to sporting, musical and academic activities.
- Australian Ethical Investments Community Grants Program
- Australian Communities Foundation 0394120412 or email email@example.com
- Propeller Youth Grants
- The Impact Investment Readiness Fund
- Sunsuper Dreams Program 4 closing dates per year
- The Australian Cultural Fund
- Aboriginal Benefits Foundation Grant Funding
- PPCA Performers Trust Foundation Grants
- Screen Australia Hot Shots Program
- Regional Filming Fund (RFF)
- Volunteer Museum Grants: Leg Up grants – applications accepted at any time
- Create NSW Aboriginal Quick Response – no closing date
- Create NSW Artist Support Quick Response – no closing date
Applying for a grant? Remember you can get a letter of support or some advice from Arts OutWest.
- Copland Foundation Grants Applications for acquisition grants are accepted at any time, while the deadline for those relating to conservation or interpretation projects is November 15 each year.
- Levi’s Music Prize. Artists that have played on the BIGSOUND Festival line-up in the last 5 years (including 2017) can apply for 1 of another 3 x $25,000 prizes, to be judged at the end of the December, March and June quarters each year.
- ‘behind closed doors’ scholarships provide professional development, mentoring and networking opportunities in an environment specifically tailored to women.
- Broken Hill Artist Residency. Broken Hill Arts Exchange. Closing date: Dec 30, 2017
- Duo Percival Photographic Portrait Prize – Closing 12 February 2018
- Melbourne Theatre Company next stage Writers program residencies
Calling for exhibitors
- Tremains Mill Art Prize. Entries close 31 December 2017
- Art of Australia Day. Parkes, January 25-29, 2018.
- 2018 Religious Short Film Prize Entries Close 5pm Monday 30 April 2018.
- EXHIBITORS/DEMONSTRATORS WANTED. Would you like to demonstrate your heritage trade/craft in May 2018? And if you make items, do you want to be able to sell them? Old and rare farm trades, hand made trades, building trades, restoration trades, soft trades & craftwork? We can send you an info pack by email. Please register your expression of interest at firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses, study, professional development
- NAVA Online courses
- Museums and galleries NSW: Standards Review Program is now seeking participants for 2018. This program helps small to medium museums manage their organisations, engage with the community and care for their collections.
- Diploma Of Music at Mitchell Conservatorium via CQU.