Opportunities in May
Get the diary out and get planning and put in an application for one of these funding opportunities, grants and fellowships, jobs, awards, exhibition call outs and more.
updated 18 April 2017
Scroll down for exhibition opportunities; competitions; jobs: professional development; tours on offer; and grants, funding and fellowships.
Highlight opportunities this month
Create NSW: Arts and Cultural Development Program. Create NSW invites artists and arts and cultural organisations across NSW to apply for funding under the 2017/2018 Arts and Cultural Development Program.
Calling for exhibitors
- Waste 2 Art Community Art Exhibition and Competition for 2017 BATHURST For exhibition April and May 2017.
- Henry Lawson Festival of Arts Art Exhibition (Grenfell). Closes May 24, 2017.
- Portraits Group Exhibition at The Corner Store Gallery Orange for exhibition opening June 29, 2017.
- The Shirl – National Youth Portrait Prize $10,000 acquisitive biannual portrait prize for artists aged between 16 -25. Bega Valley Regional Gallery. Entries close 8 Sept 2017
- Call for artists: Hartley Store Market Day. First and third Sunday of the month from 8am to 12pm. $25 per space. https://www.facebook.com/Wendyanneart
Competitions and awards
- Kilgour Prize 2017 (Newcastle) Closes 28 April 2017
- Broken Hill Public Art Residency Three residencies are up for grabs. Closes 26 April, 2017.
- IDX Awards Closes 29 April 2017
- Sculpture in the Gaol Expressions of Interest (Trial Bay, NSW) Closes 16 June 2017
- 2017 CHASS Australia Distinctive Work Prize. Nominations will close at 5pm on 30 June
- MPavilion/ Art Monthly Australasia Writing Award Closes July 1. 2017
- Manning Art Prize. Closes 7 July 2017
- Photography: The Maggie Diaz Photography Prize for Women. Closes Friday 14 July, 2017
Grants and fellowships
- National Library of Australia Fellowships: Creative fellowships, including Creative Arts Fellowships for practising artists and writers, and the National Folk Fellowship. Closes 1 July, 2017.
- National Library of Australia Fellowships: Japan Study Grants, Applications for 2018 will open in July 2017.
- National Library of Australia Fellowships: Summer Scholarships for young researchers aged under 30 undertaking PhD studies (opens July, closes 30 September 2017)
- NAVA: Travelling Scholarships for NSW artists. Closes April 29, 2017.
- Windmill Trust Scholarship for Regional NSW Artists – assistance towards the cost of: • exhibiting work such as framing, freight, space rental, promotion, artists’ fees, installation and documentation • professional development and education • independent artistic research or practice such as studio rental, material or labour costs. Funding Available: Individual applicants are eligible to apply for funding of up to $10,000 + GST. Applications close 23:59 AEST Saturday 10 June 2017.
- Australia Council Arts Projects – Organisations – $10,000 – $100,000 – Next two rounds close Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups – $10,000 – $50,000 – Next two rounds close Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Career Development Grants for Individuals – $5,000 – $25,000 – Next two rounds close Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Playing Australia: Regional Performing Arts Touring Fund – Next two rounds close Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- CAL Visual Arts Fellowship Closes 23 September 2017
- Small Grants for Rural Communities (SGRC) Grants of up to $5,000 are available for projects and activities that offer clear public benefit for communities in rural, regional or remote Australia. Priority is given to communities of 10,000 or fewer.
- Regional Pitch Fest – It’s the opportunity to pitch your business or idea to a live audience and expert panel for the chance to win cash. We are looking for regional Australia’s innovators and entrepreneurs and are excited to be not only providing them a platform to launch from but also a spotlight on the great opportunities in regional areas across the country. Applications open 6 March 2017.
- Audience Development Fund Offers public galleries in NSW assistance in targeting and developing new audiences. Up to $8,000 for each grant (no minimum).
- CUP Rural and Regional Indigenous Community Engagement Program – Small grants ($500 – $1,500) are available from the Indigenous Students Centre to support community or individual initiatives through contributions to cultural, economic, sporting and related activities and build higher education aspiration and awareness particularly among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in rural and regional communities in CSU’s campus footprint.
- Grow a Star – encourages generational change and encourage community connectedness within our young people and give them access to sporting, musical and academic activities.
- Australian Ethical Investments Community Grants Program
- Australian Communities Foundation Contact ACF on 0394120412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Propeller Youth Grants
- The Impact Investment Readiness Fund
- Sunsuper Dreams Program 4 closing dates per year
- The Australian Cultural Fund
- Aboriginal Benefits Foundation Grant Funding
- PPCA Performers Trust Foundation Grants
- Screen Australia Hot Shots Program
- Regional Filming Fund (RFF)
- Volunteer Museum Grants: Leg Up grants – applications accepted at any time
- Varuna Creative Writing Fellowships for Regional NSW Writers
- Australia Council Grant Programs – various closing dates
Applying for a grant? Remember you can get a letter of support or some advice from Arts OutWest.
- Have you got a show or exhibition you’re touring regionally? Looking for venues or presenters? Let us know.