Opportunities in June
Funding opportunities really ramp up in June. Plus there’s fellowships, awards, exhibition call outs and more.
updated 13 June 2017. Scroll down for the full list.
Highlight opportunity this month
Country Arts Support Program small grants of up to $3000. Opens 26 May, closes 5pm Thursday 27 July, 2017.
Calling for exhibitors
- Portraits Group Exhibition at The Corner Store Gallery Orange for exhibition opening June 29, 2017.
- The Shirl – National Youth Portrait Prize $10,000 acquisitive biannual portrait prize for artists aged between 16 -25. Bega Valley Regional Gallery. Entries close 8 Sept 2017
- Call for artists: Hartley Store Market Day. First and third Sunday of the month from 8am to 12pm. $25 per space. https://www.facebook.com/Wendyanneart
- Lithgow NAIDOC 2017 Stall Holders Wanted. Fee for Commercial stalls. No fee for community stalls. Event: 21 & 22 October 2017 at Port Macquarie Homestead – Capertee Valley. Contact: 0484 189 122 firstname.lastname@example.org To book a Stall
- Sculptures in the Garden, Rosby Estate Mudgee Entries close 8 September, 2017
- Lachlan Valley Biennial Art Exhibition. Organised by the Cowra Art Group. Runs October 14-29, 2017. Entries close Friday 29 September 2017. See listing under Whats On.
- Call for stallholders: Lithgow NAIDOC 2017 (October). 02 6352 2473. See listing under Whats On.
Competitions and awards
- Sculpture in the Gaol Expressions of Interest (Trial Bay, NSW) Closes 16 June 2017
- 2017 CHASS Australia Distinctive Work Prize. Nominations close at 5pm on 30 June
- MPavilion/ Art Monthly Australasia Writing Award Closes 1 July, 2017
- Manning Art Prize Closes 7 July 2017
- Photography: The Maggie Diaz Photography Prize for Women. Closes Friday 14 July, 2017
- 2017 NSW Parliament Plein Air Painting Prize Entries open 19 June, 2017
- NSW & ACT Threatened Species Children’s Art Competition Entries close 4 August, 2017
- Paddington Art Prize Entries close 3 September, 2017
Grants and fellowships
- Create NSW: Young Regional Artist Scholarship The NSW Government is offering a total of 25 scholarships for young regional artists and cultural workers to undertake exciting and career-making professional development opportunities. Scholarships are open to artists, performers and arts and cultural workers from all art forms, including dance, design, digital arts, history, Aboriginal arts, literature, music, theatre, screen, curatorial and the visual arts. Closes 19 June 2017.
- Create NSW: Arts and Cultural Development Program. Create NSW invites artists and arts and cultural organisations across NSW to apply for funding under the 2017/2018 Arts and Cultural Development Program.
- Local Government NSW: Leo Kelly OAM Arts and Culture Awards close Monday 5 June 2017
- Windmill Trust Scholarship for Regional NSW Artists $10,000 deadline 10 June 2017
- National Carers Week (October). Grants of $250 for events.
- Writing NSW Access for Regional Writers Grants Access and travel support for NSW Writers Centre workshops. round 1 closes 5 June, 2017. Round 2 closes 3 December 2017
- M&GNSW: Hazel de Berg Award for Excellence in Oral History. Closes June 30, 2017
- National Library of Australia Fellowships: Creative fellowships, including Creative Arts Fellowships for practising artists and writers, and the National Folk Fellowship. Closes 1 July, 2017.
- National Library of Australia Fellowships: Japan Study Grants, Applications for 2018 will open in July 2017.
- National Library of Australia Fellowships: Summer Scholarships for young researchers aged under 30 undertaking PhD studies (opens July, closes 30 September 2017)
- Windmill Trust Scholarship for Regional NSW Artists – assistance towards the cost of: • exhibiting work such as framing, freight, space rental, promotion, artists’ fees, installation and documentation • professional development and education • independent artistic research or practice such as studio rental, material or labour costs. Funding Available: Individual applicants are eligible to apply for funding of up to $10,000 + GST. Applications close 23:59 AEST Saturday 10 June 2017.
- Australia Council Arts Projects – Organisations – $10,000 – $100,000 – Next two rounds close Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups – $10,000 – $50,000 – Next two rounds close Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Career Development Grants for Individuals – $5,000 – $25,000 – Next two rounds close Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Playing Australia: Regional Performing Arts Touring Fund – Next two rounds close Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- CAL Visual Arts Fellowship Closes 23 September 2017
- Small Grants for Rural Communities (SGRC) Grants of up to $5,000 are available for projects and activities that offer clear public benefit for communities in rural, regional or remote Australia. Priority is given to communities of 10,000 or fewer.
- Audience Development Fund Offers public galleries in NSW assistance in targeting and developing new audiences. Up to $8,000 for each grant (no minimum).
- CUP Rural and Regional Indigenous Community Engagement Program – Small grants ($500 – $1,500) are available from the Indigenous Students Centre to support community or individual initiatives through contributions to cultural, economic, sporting and related activities and build higher education aspiration and awareness particularly among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in rural and regional communities in CSU’s campus footprint.
- Grow a Star – encourages generational change and encourage community connectedness within our young people and give them access to sporting, musical and academic activities.
- Australian Ethical Investments Community Grants Program
- Australian Communities Foundation Contact ACF on 0394120412 or email email@example.com
- Propeller Youth Grants
- The Impact Investment Readiness Fund
- Sunsuper Dreams Program 4 closing dates per year
- The Australian Cultural Fund
- Aboriginal Benefits Foundation Grant Funding
- PPCA Performers Trust Foundation Grants
- Screen Australia Hot Shots Program
- Regional Filming Fund (RFF)
- Volunteer Museum Grants: Leg Up grants – applications accepted at any time
- Varuna Creative Writing Fellowships for Regional NSW Writers
- Australia Council Grant Programs – various closing dates
- Writing NSW Access for Regional Writers Grants Opens 5 June 2017, closes 18 June 2017
Applying for a grant? Remember you can get a letter of support or some advice from Arts OutWest.
- Co-Opera: Barber of Seville on tour in 2018
- Have you got a show or exhibition you’re touring regionally? Looking for venues or presenters? Let us know.