Opportunities in July
Funding opportunities really ramp up in July (think CASP, the Regional Arts Fund and more). Plus there’s fellowships, awards, exhibition call outs and more.
updated 26 June 2017.
Scroll down for the full list:
- Calling for exhibitors
- Public art expressions of interest
- Participate in
- Competitions and awards
- Grants and fellowships
Highlight opportunity this month
Country Arts Support Program small grants of up to $3000. Closes 5pm Thursday 27 July, 2017.
Calling for exhibitors
- The Shirl – National Youth Portrait Prize $10,000 acquisitive biannual portrait prize for artists aged between 16 -25. Bega Valley Regional Gallery. Entries close 8 Sept 2017
- Call for artists: Hartley Store Market Day. First and third Sunday of the month from 8am to 12pm. $25 per space. https://www.facebook.com/Wendyanneart
- Sculptures in the Garden, Rosby Estate Mudgee Entries close 8 September, 2017
- Lachlan Valley Biennial Art Exhibition. Organised by the Cowra Art Group. Runs October 14-29, 2017. Entries close Friday 29 September 2017. See listing under Whats On.
- Lithgow NAIDOC 2017 Stall Holders Wanted. Fee for Commercial stalls. No fee for community stalls. Event: 21 & 22 October 2017 at Port Macquarie Homestead – Capertee Valley. Contact: 0484 189 122 email@example.com To book a Stall
Public Art expressions of interest
- Merriwa Silo Public Art Project. Expression of Interest. Closes Monday 10 July 2017. PDF: Expressions of interest Merriwa Silo Art final (00000003)
- Headlie Taylor Header Museum Sculpture EOI. Henty, NSW. EOIs close 31 July, 2017.
- Register a History Week event (September 2-10, 2017)
- Ambassadors for Healthy Rivers Artist Call out. [pdf]
Competitions and awards
- 2017 CHASS Australia Distinctive Work Prize. Nominations close at 5pm on 30 June
- MPavilion/ Art Monthly Australasia Writing Award Closes 1 July, 2017
- Manning Art Prize Closes 7 July 2017
- Photography: The Maggie Diaz Photography Prize for Women. Closes Friday 14 July, 2017
- Museums & Galleries NSW. IMAGinE Awards. Close 10 August 2017.
- NSW & ACT Threatened Species Children’s Art Competition Entries close 4 August, 2017
- Paddington Art Prize Entries close 3 September, 2017
- Dance Rites. Australia’s National Indigenous Dance Competition. Dance Rites returns to Sydney Opera House on Sunday 26 November 2017. Registrations close 25 September 2017.
Grants and fellowships
- Create NSW: Program funding – Annual and Service Organisations . closes 3 July 2017
- Varuna Residential Fellowships for Writers & Illustrators 2018. Applications close 30 July 2017.
- M&GNSW: Hazel de Berg Award for Excellence in Oral History. Closes June 30, 2017
- National Library of Australia Fellowships: Creative fellowships, including Creative Arts Fellowships for practising artists and writers, and the National Folk Fellowship. Closes 1 July, 2017.
- NSW Writers Centre. Writing NSW Grants. Closes 30 July 2017.
- National Library of Australia Fellowships: Japan Study Grants, Applications for 2018 will open in July 2017.
- MusicNSW Opportunity Development Grants 2017. Round 1 Closes 4 August 2017. Round 2 closes 6 October, 2017.
- Regional Arts Fund. Closes 10 August 2017.
- Museums & Galleries NSW. Dobell Exhibition Grant. Supporting the development of innovative curated visual art exhibitions in regional NSW galleries. Closes 6 September 2017.
- Museums & Galleries NSW. Audience Development Fund. Closes 6 September 2017.
- Create NSW: Arts and Cultural Development Program. Create NSW invites artists and arts and cultural organisations across NSW to apply for funding under the 2017/2018 Arts and Cultural Development Program.
- National Carers Week (October). Grants of $250 for events.
- National Library of Australia Fellowships: Summer Scholarships for young researchers aged under 30 undertaking PhD studies. Closes 30 September 2017.
- Australia Council Arts Projects – Organisations – $10,000 – $100,000 – Next two rounds close Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups – $10,000 – $50,000 – Next two rounds close Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Career Development Grants for Individuals – $5,000 – $25,000 – Next rounds closes Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Playing Australia: Regional Performing Arts Touring Fund – Next rounds closes Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- CAL Visual Arts Fellowship Closes 23 September 2017
- Museums & Galleries NSW. Museum & Gallery Building Improvement Program.
- Small Grants for Rural Communities (SGRC) Grants of up to $5,000 are available for projects and activities that offer clear public benefit for communities in rural, regional or remote Australia. Priority is given to communities of 10,000 or fewer.
- Audience Development Fund Offers public galleries in NSW assistance in targeting and developing new audiences. Up to $8,000 for each grant (no minimum).
- CUP Rural and Regional Indigenous Community Engagement Program – Small grants ($500 – $1,500) are available from the Indigenous Students Centre to support community or individual initiatives through contributions to cultural, economic, sporting and related activities and build higher education aspiration and awareness particularly among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in rural and regional communities in CSU’s campus footprint.
- Grow a Star – encourages generational change and encourage community connectedness within our young people and give them access to sporting, musical and academic activities.
- Australian Ethical Investments Community Grants Program
- Australian Communities Foundation Contact ACF on 0394120412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Propeller Youth Grants
- The Impact Investment Readiness Fund
- Sunsuper Dreams Program 4 closing dates per year
- The Australian Cultural Fund
- Aboriginal Benefits Foundation Grant Funding
- PPCA Performers Trust Foundation Grants
- Screen Australia Hot Shots Program
- Regional Filming Fund (RFF)
- Volunteer Museum Grants: Leg Up grants – applications accepted at any time
- Varuna Creative Writing Fellowships for Regional NSW Writers
- Australia Council Grant Programs – various closing dates
- Writing NSW Access for Regional Writers Grants Opens 5 June 2017, closes 18 June 2017
Applying for a grant? Remember you can get a letter of support or some advice from Arts OutWest.
- Co-Opera: Barber of Seville on tour in 2018
- Have you got a show or exhibition you’re touring regionally? Looking for venues or presenters? Let us know.