Some of the arts opportunities to grab hold of right now: funding, grants and fellowships, jobs, awards, calls for exhibition works and more.
Updated 27 March 2017
Scroll down for exhibition opportunities; competitions; jobs: professional development; tours on offer; and grants, funding and fellowships.
Highlight opportunities this month
- Job Opportunity – Education Officer, Moree Plains Gallery, Closes 14 April
- Perfect Light Art Curator, Broken Hill City Council Applications close Sunday 9 April 2017.
- Program Manager, Live Music Office To assist local government in Western Sydney and regional NSW in order to deliver Live and Local micro festivals supported by the NSW Government. Email John Wardle at firstname.lastname@example.org Closes Friday 7 April, 2017
- Have you got a show or exhibition you’re touring regionally? Looking for venues or presenters? Let us know.
Calling for exhibitors
- Bundanon Trust – SITEWORKS Expressions of Interest Closing 31 March
- Parkes Waste to Art Competition. Closes April 10, 2017.
- Sky High exhibition (Canowinda). The next Artful Eight + exhibition is titled “Sky High”exhibit art featuring FLIGHT or the SKY and will run over the Easter & Balloon event from 14 to 23 April. All art genres will be eligible. Contact t email@example.com if interested. Space is limited so be quick
- Waste 2 Art Community Art Exhibition and Competition for 2017 BATHURST For exhibition April and May 2017.
- Firstdraft Program Callout exhibition, curatorial & writers programs proposals – CALLOUT AUG 2017 – JAN 2018. Closes April 9, 2017
- Call for proposals: Exhibit at Corner Store Gallery in 2017. For the second half of 2017. Closing Date April 21, 2017
- Henry Lawson Festival of Arts Art Exhibition (Grenfell). Closes May 24, 2017.
- Portraits Group Exhibition at The Corner Store Gallery Orange for exhibition opening June 29, 2017.
- The Shirl – National Youth Portrait Prize $10,000 acquisitive biannual portrait prize for artists aged between 16 -25. Bega Valley Regional Gallery. Entries close 8 Sept 2017
- Exhibit at Corner Store Gallery in 2017 (Orange). For the second half of 2017. Closing Date April 21, 2017
- Call for artists: Hartley Store Market Day. First and third Sunday of the month from 8am to 12pm. $25 per space. https://www.facebook.com/Wendyanneart
Competitions and awards
- Henry Lawson Festival of Arts Verse & Short Story Competition. Grenfell. National competition. Closing date March 31, 2017.
- NSW Premier’s History Awards Closes 7 April 2017, 5pm
- Nominations for the NSW Creative Achievement Awards. Nominations close on Sunday 9 April 2017.
- 2017 Banjo Paterson Writing Awards National competition. Entry forms are available from Central West Libraries website www.cwl.nsw.gov.au closes 21 April, 2017
- Kilgour Prize 2017 (Newcastle) Closes 28 April 2017
- Broken Hill Public Art Residency Three residencies are up for grabs. Closes 26 April, 2017.
- IDX Awards Closes 29 April 2017
- Sculpture in the Gaol Expressions of Interest (Trial Bay, NSW) Closes 16 June 2017
- 2017 CHASS Australia Distinctive Work Prize. Nominations will close at 5pm on 30 June
- MPavilion/ Art Monthly Australasia Writing Award Closes July 1. 2017
- Manning Art Prize. Closes 7 July 2017
- Photography: The Maggie Diaz Photography Prize for Women. Closes Friday 14 July, 2017
Grants and fellowships
- NSW Creative Achievement Awards – NSW Creative Laureate recognises an individual, team or organisation making a positive contribution to the global profile, growth and development of NSW creative industries. Closes April 9, 2017.
- NSW Creative Achievement Awards – NSW Emerging Creative Talent Award honours an individual, team or organisation emerging in a creative industries sector. The Award recognises leadership in originality and innovation and offers support for future development with a prize of $15,000.Closes April 9, 2017.
- Community Presenter Touring Grant. (Arts On Tour)Two rounds: April 10, 2017 for projects between 1 June, 2017 and 31 December, 2018 Applications open on March 13, 2017. Round 2: September 25, 2017 for projects between 1 January, 2017 and 31 December, 2019. Applications open August, 2017
- National Library of Australia Fellowships: advanced research by scholars. closes 30 April 2017.
- National Library of Australia Fellowships: Creative fellowships, including Creative Arts Fellowships for practising artists and writers, and the National Folk Fellowship. Closes 1 July, 2017.
- National Library of Australia Fellowships: Japan Study Grants, Applications for 2018 will open in July 2017.
- National Library of Australia Fellowships: Summer Scholarships for young researchers aged under 30 undertaking PhD studies (opens July, closes 30 September 2017)
- NAVA: Travelling Scholarships for NSW artists. Closes April 29, 2017.
- Windmill Trust Scholarship for Regional NSW Artists – assistance towards the cost of: • exhibiting work such as framing, freight, space rental, promotion, artists’ fees, installation and documentation • professional development and education • independent artistic research or practice such as studio rental, material or labour costs. Funding Available: Individual applicants are eligible to apply for funding of up to $10,000 + GST. Applications close 23:59 AEST Saturday 10 June 2017.
- Australia Council Arts Projects – Organisations – $10,000 – $100,000 – Next two rounds close Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups – $10,000 – $50,000 – Next two rounds close Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Career Development Grants for Individuals – $5,000 – $25,000 – Next two rounds close Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- Australia Council Playing Australia: Regional Performing Arts Touring Fund – Next two rounds close Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
- CAL Visual Arts Fellowship Closes 23 September 2017
- Small Grants for Rural Communities (SGRC) Grants of up to $5,000 are available for projects and activities that offer clear public benefit for communities in rural, regional or remote Australia. Priority is given to communities of 10,000 or fewer.
- Regional Pitch Fest – It’s the opportunity to pitch your business or idea to a live audience and expert panel for the chance to win cash. We are looking for regional Australia’s innovators and entrepreneurs and are excited to be not only providing them a platform to launch from but also a spotlight on the great opportunities in regional areas across the country. Applications open 6 March 2017.
- Audience Development Fund Offers public galleries in NSW assistance in targeting and developing new audiences. Up to $8,000 for each grant (no minimum).
- CUP Rural and Regional Indigenous Community Engagement Program – Small grants ($500 – $1,500) are available from the Indigenous Students Centre to support community or individual initiatives through contributions to cultural, economic, sporting and related activities and build higher education aspiration and awareness particularly among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in rural and regional communities in CSU’s campus footprint.
- Grow a Star – encourages generational change and encourage community connectedness within our young people and give them access to sporting, musical and academic activities.
- Australian Ethical Investments Community Grants Program
- Australian Communities Foundation Contact ACF on 0394120412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Propeller Youth Grants
- The Impact Investment Readiness Fund
- Sunsuper Dreams Program 4 closing dates per year
- The Australian Cultural Fund
- Aboriginal Benefits Foundation Grant Funding
- PPCA Performers Trust Foundation Grants
- Screen Australia Hot Shots Program
- Regional Filming Fund (RFF)
- Volunteer Museum Grants: Leg Up grants – applications accepted at any time
- Varuna Creative Writing Fellowships for Regional NSW Writers
- Australia Council Grant Programs – various closing dates
Applying for a grant? Remember you can get a letter of support or some advice from Arts OutWest.