OPEN FOR SUBMISSION: 2018 Sculptures in the Garden, Mudgee
Sculptures in the Garden is the premier regional sculpture exhibition and one of the largest in rural New South Wales, with growth continuing year on year.
The annual two-day exhibition will again be held in the garden at Rosby Vineyard in Mudgee, NSW and is expected to attract over 3,000 visitors.
When: Saturday 6 October and Sunday 7 October, 2018.
The not-for-profit event raises funds for the local branch of Guide Dogs NSW/ACT and each year contributes funds to acquire works for the Mudgee region’s public sculpture collection. Volunteers from Guide Dogs NSW/ACT will be catering and running the gate for the two-day event. The outdoor exhibition provides artists a unique avenue to exhibit their works and attracts local, regional, metropolitan and interstate artists and includes sculptors featured in Sydney’s ‘Sculptures by the Sea’.
In recent years, Her Excellency, Dame Marie Bashir, Lord Mayor Clover Moore, renowned sculptor, Paul Selwood and respected art scholar, Edmund Capon, have opened the renowned exhibition with this year’s host yet to be announced. Edmund Capon AM OBE has commented, “Only the last four or five decades has sculpture become a prominent part of Australian art, and this exhibition is a demonstration of the amount of creativity flowing.”
The total value of prizes and acquisitions has increased this year and will now total over $40,000 and will include:
- $25,000 for the winner of the Sculptures in the Garden and Mid-Western Regional Council’s acquisition prize
- $10,000 Friends of Sculptures in The Garden acquisition prize
- $5,000 Moolarben acquisition prize
- $500 People’s Choice Award
- $300 Sculptors Society Sensory Sculpture prize
- all acquired works become part of the Mid-Western Regional Council’s public art collection, to be displayed within the Lawson Sculpture Park.
Entries open until Friday 7 September, 2018.
Terms & conditions and entry form: www.sculpturesinthegarden.com.au
For more information please contact: Madeleine Wilson, Director tide.pr
m: +61 424 638 855 e: email@example.com
Image: Amber Hooper