New South Wales Artists’ Grant
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN: An initiative to assist professional artists residing in NSW to produce, present and promote their artwork throughout NSW, interstate and overseas.
The NSW Artists’ Grant has been initiated by NAVA to assist professional visual and media arts, craft and design practitioners residing in NSW to produce, present and promote their work throughout NSW, interstate and overseas.
Artists residing in regional NSW and Western Sydney are encouraged to apply. This program is funded by Create NSW, an agency of the New South Wales Government and supported by the Visual Arts and Craft Strategy, an initiative of the Australian State and Territory Governments.
This grant provides assistance towards the costs of:
- Production of new creative work
- Presentation of work in a venue
- Residencies involving the production of new work/ presentation of new work
- Production and distribution of an artist’s publication or portfolio
- Setting up a website, preparing a publicity campaign
- Individual applicants are eligible to apply for funding of up to $1,250 +GST.
- Group applications are eligible to apply for funding of up to $2,500 +GST.
- An individual exhibiting in a group show can apply for individual funding but the assessors may choose to limit the funds going to any one exhibition.
- This grant operates in quarterly rounds.
- Applications for this round close 23:59 AEDT Saturday 21 April 2018.
- Funds from this round can be used for projects or exhibitions taking place in July, August, September, October 2018 only.
Eckersley’s Art & Craft is generously sponsoring a $250 gift card to one applicant in this round of the the NSW Artists’ Grant. Only NAVA Premium and Premium Plus Members are eligible.
Image: NSW Artists’ Grant recipient – Laith McGregor, ‘Untitled, Totems’ various dimensions, Art Los Angeles Contemporary, Starkwhite. 2018 photo by Joshua White