Inside the Writers Room 2019: Opportunities for Regional Screenwriters
Inside the Writers Room is designed to give four Regional NSW screenwriters the opportunity to sit in with professional writers working on the story for a television script.
INSIDE THE WRITERS ROOM 2019
If you’re a screenwriter living in regional NSW here’s your chance to join a professional writers room with one of the following:
- Matchbox Pictures (Glitch, Safe Harbour, The Slap, Nowhere Boys, The Family Law)
- FremantleMedia Australia (Wentworth, Picnic At Hanging Rock, Neighbours)
- Every Cloud Productions (Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries, Newtown’s Law)
- More production companies announced shortly
Outcomes for previous participants include:
- being selected for paid writers room positions
- employment as notetakers
- having their projects considered by the production company
- getting referees and references from recognised industry professionals
These opportunities are most relevant to emerging or early-career writers of television content, and more specifically TV drama or comedy series. There may also be an opportunity for the participants to receive advice or a market appraisal on their own projects or scripts.
By delivering the program for a fifth year, Screenworks wants to build the skills of emerging and early-career screenwriters, provide opportunity for people living and/or working in regional NSW and improve our regional screen industry’s capacity and sustainability.
Applications close midnight Sunday 25 November 2018.