- This event has passed.
T.arts Exhibition Workshop
Sun August 12 at 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
One event on Sun 8 July 2018, at 1:00pm
One event on Sun 12 August 2018, at 1:00pm
Have you ever thought that its time to have an exhibition, but not sure where to start?
This workshop is run by Heather Dunn, from T.arts Gallery in 80 George Street, Bathurst. Heather has been exhibiting since her first solo exhibition in 2013. She has been a Director at T.arts Gallery for 4 years, and is passionate about giving people the tools and the mindset to pull an exhibition together.
Topics discussed will be:
• Concept, drawing together a body of work, either with a theme, or a survey.
• Finding a venue and the costs involved.
• Funding opportunities.
• Solo exhibition or group show?
• Creating a timeline, signing contracts or agreements, the dreaded fine print. Pricing and commission.
• Presentation, and curating work for your show.
• Letting people know, social media and media opportunities.
• Hanging, and the opening night.
• Assessing the success of the show (its not all about sales).
The workshop will be supported with handouts and will encourage participants to fling some ideas around and discuss ways to approach their own exhibitions. We’ll also touch on entering art prizes and curated exhibitions.
Date: 1st July 1pm-3pm
Duration: 2 hours with a break in the middle for a cup of tea.
Cost: $20 (includes afternoon tea, handouts and heating)
Venue: T.arts Gallery, 80 George Street, Bathurst.
Contact the Gallery to secure your spot. Full payment is required with booking, there is a maximum of 10 participants. If we have to cancel, there will be a full refund of your fee.
If you have any questions please contact Heather on 0428 365238
The What’s On calendar covers arts events happening across the NSW Central West. These events are sourced or supplied from local venues and arts organisations. Whilst all care is taken and accuracy is our priority we can take no responsibility for date changes or the content of contributed information. To contribute an event email us at email@example.com