- This event has passed.
Entries close: Sculpture in an Orange Garden
Sat 24 March 2018,
The Friends of Orange Regional Gallery are pleased to Call for Works for the inaugural Sculpture in an Orange Garden selling exhibition.
For all sculptors this is a great opportunity to showcase your work gaining exposure to over 15,000 people who visit Orange during Food Week. Food Week is a finalist in the 2017 NSW Tourism Awards.
So, if you are a sculptor please consider joining us for the inaugural Sculpture in an Orange Garden and help us make this a great event for all involved. If you know a sculptor – please pass this on and tell them to reply to this email asking to be added to our mailing list.
Below is a summary of entry details but additional information for sculptors is available on the Orange Regional Gallery Website. Entry forms will be available closer to the date on the above website or contact the organisers as below.
IMPORTANT DATES for Sculptors
• Submission deadline: Saturday 24th March 2018
• Installation: Before 12pm Friday 13th April 2018
• Exhibition opens: 9am Saturday 14th April 2018
• Exhibition closes: 4pm Sunday 15th April 2018
• Removal of works commences: From 4pm Sunday 15th April & 9am – 5pm Monday 16th April
Early bird rate
ENTRY comes with the offer of an EARLY BIRD special rate of $20 per artist for entry in 2017. In addition SOG will promote your work and your participation upon entry! So get in early and join the fun and let people know they will be able to buy your work at SOG!
Submission and entry fee for artists: summary
Entry is via a $30 administration fee per artist and is to be payable via
• Artworks are not eligible for selection unless payment of entry fee is made in full. The fee applies to all artists and is non-refundable
• Included with the entry fee of $30 all artists must complete the entry form with an artist’s statement, biography, and images
• Entry forms and EFT details will be provided closer to the date… so watch this space
Selection panel for works & sales information
• The Selection Committee will consider all entries and their decision on works accepted will be final
• Artists both successful and unsuccessful in their entry will be notified before Friday 31st March
• All works must be professionally finished for public exhibition and be the original work of the submitting artist
o Any work that is not fit for exhibition will not be accepted
• Site selection for all sculptures in the exhibition is at the discretion of the Sculpture in an Orange Garden curator
• All works are to be available for sale during the exhibition. Works must
• be priced to sell with no discounts allowed at the end of the exhibition
• SOG will retain a 25% commission on all sales
The event is supported by the Orange Regional Gallery and the Orange Regional Arts Foundation (ORAF)
All queries regarding the exhibition and entry can be made to:
• Ellen Fisher 0418262334
• Lynne Lampe on 0412867046
• or EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Image: David Horton, yesternight: a work in progress, Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2007. Gifted to the Orange Regional Gallery by NAB.
The What’s On calendar covers arts events happening across the NSW Central West. These events are sourced or supplied from local venues and arts organisations. Whilst all care is taken and accuracy is our priority we can take no responsibility for date changes or the content of contributed information. To contribute an event email us at email@example.com