Country Arts Support Program closes
Mon July 29-
Closes July 29: Looking for money to get your local arts project off the ground? Up to $3000 per project is available for central west groups to initiate arts projects in 2020.
The Country Arts Support Program (CASP) is an annual small grants program administered by Regional Arts NSW (RANSW) on behalf of Create NSW, delivered in partnership with the 14 Regional Arts Development Organisations.
Projects could include but are not limited to:
- Arts activities as part of community festivals or events
- Artist-in-residence programs
- Public art and design projects
- Community seminars and forums
- Other local arts initiatives
Funds are available primarily for professional artists’ fees, travel and accommodation.
What kinds of projects has CASP been used for in the past?
Here’s some recent examples:
- A visiting performance bush poet to the region to run creative poetry workshops in schools during Orange’s Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Festival
- People of mixed age and ability created musical instruments out of found and salvaged materials at Lithgow’s Mitchell Conservatorium over nine weeks of workshops.
- Grenfell’s 2017 week of workshops in story writing, drama, weaving, photography, lead lighting, painting, shibori, singing, verse and pottery
- In 2017 composer Tim Ferrier ran a workshop with the Forbes Town & District Band on his newly commissioned piece, Schaefer’s Old Time Dances
- The full list of successful 2019 local projects
- The Full list of successful 2018 local projects
Who can apply?
Not for profit incorporated bodies, local government, collectives with a nominated auspicing body.
Applications for 2020 close 5pm, Monday 29 July 2019
How to apply
- Read the 2020 guideline here
- Applicants must contact their regional arts development oragnsiation (in the Central West that’s Arts OutWest) to discuss their idea prior to applying: 02 6338 4657 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply using Smartygrants
Image: CASP funding brought a visiting performance bush poet to the region to run creative poetry workshops in schools during Orange’s Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Festival.
The What’s On calendar covers arts events happening across the NSW Central West. These events are sourced or supplied from local venues and arts organisations. Whilst all care is taken and accuracy is our priority we can take no responsibility for date changes or the content of contributed information. To contribute an event email us at email@example.com