Country Arts Support Program 2018
CASP is open! If you’ve got a great little arts project in mind chat to us now about CASP funding. Applications close 27 July, 2017.
The State Government’s annual Country Arts Support Program (CASP) provides small grants to arts and community organisations in regional NSW to run their own local arts projects.
Deadline: Applications for 2018 funding close at 5pm Thursday 27 July 2017.
CASP funds are a valuable way to kick start exciting local, on-the-ground arts projects. This long-running funding program is about giving regional people access to a diverse range of arts programs – activities that are made for and by the local community.
How much money? CASP grants are for small amounts of money – up to $3000 – and are available primarily to cover professional artist’s fees, travel and accommodation.
In 2018 we expect there to be $17,458.19 to distribute through CASP in the Central West (Arts OutWest) region.
Priority areas for the Arts Outwest region in 2018 are arts and health; Aboriginal arts; cultural tourism and lifelong learning (education or training projects for any age). These align with Arts OutWest’s own priorities for the region during 2016-2018. These are priority areas but all projects are encouraged.
The funding is open to all incorporated associations, not just those focused on the arts. Unincorporated groups or collectives of artists are allowed to find a local organisation to auspice their funding.
Groups in the Central West NSW region wishing to apply for the funding must discuss their project with Arts OutWest before submitting an online application. Do you live elsewhere? Find contacts for your local regional arts development organisation here.
TIP: If you live in the Lithgow area, the LGA is listed as ‘City of Lithgow’
Applications must also be made online using the government’s SmartyGrants system. Arts OutWest staff can help applicants through this easy to use online process.
The projects are assessed, using the application criteria, by a locally appointed panel.
The Country Arts Support Program of Regional Arts NSW is funded by the NSW Government through Create NSW.
Looking for inspiration? There were six projects funded through CASP in 2017. You can follow the links below to read about these inspiring local projects:
- A commission of a history song in Forbes
- Support for ‘Fun Theatre for the Very Young’ in Bathurst
- Aboriginal sculptures for a peace precinct in Parkes
- school holiday workshops for kids in Millthorpe
- a weekend of workshops celebrating the 150th birthday of Henry Lawson in Grenfell
- an Aboriginal art based workshops for children in Bathurst
- Read the funding guidelines
- Think through your project
- Contact Arts OutWest on 02 6338 4657 or email email@example.com
- Start an application in SmartyGrants (you can save it as you go)
- Gather letters of support and other materials for your application
- Write a good application (see our grant writing tips here)
- Submit your application, online, by 5pm Thursday 27 July, 2017. No extensions possible.