CASP Stories: Weddin Workshop Weekend
17 June – 18 June in Grenfell. Workshops in story writing, drama, weaving, photography, lead lighting, painting, shibori, singing, verse and pottery. Supported by CASP funding.
A variety of workshops will be held in Grenfell over one weekend, offering a chance for people to try something new.
“We have received a huge positive response from the community. Many are commenting about how wonderful it is that something like this is being held in Grenfell,” said Weddin Shire Art & Tourism Officer Claire McCann.
The suite of workshops will employ local and regional arts practitioners to pass on their skills.
The workshops are the weekend after the annual Henry Lawson Festival of Arts Festival so participants will include both locals and visitors to the region.
Weddin Shire Council received $3000 from the 2017 round of the Country Arts Support Program (CASP) to support the workshops.
“The funding has allowed us to get this project off the ground and up and running. Without this funding we may never have seen this event happen. We hope the event encourages others to collaborate and work together to put on ‘group’ events like this in the future. They are great for the economy of the town,” Claire McCann said.
- ‘Story Writing’ – Sat 17th June
- ‘Drama – A Slice of Life’ – Sat 17th June
- ‘Camera Craft’ – Sat 17th June
- ‘Vocal Workshops’ – Sat 17th June
- ‘Garden Weaving’ – Sat 17 June
- ‘Japanese Shibori Indigo Dyeing Workshop’ – Sat 17th June
- ‘Kangaroo Valley Leadlights – Beginners Lesson’ – Sat 17th & Sun 18th June
- ‘Exploring the Art of Symbolism & Connection in Bright Beautiful Acrylics & Inks’ – Sun 18th June
- ‘Pottery Hand Building Workshop’ – Sun 18th June
- ‘Japanese Arashi Shibori Indigo Dyeing’ – Sun 18 June
This project is supported by Create NSW’s Country Arts Support Program, a devolved funding program administered by Regional Arts NSW and Arts Outwest on behalf of the NSW Government.
Apply for CASP 2018:
Applications for 2018 projects open Friday 26 May 2017 and close Thursday 27 July 2017. Guidelines will be released at http://regionalartsnsw.com.au/grants/casp/
Cover image: Grenfell Tourism