Opportunity for artists with and without disability
Arts OutWest invites artists with and without disability, living in the central west of NSW to join an exciting ARI (artist run initiative) ARTSHED: A collective of artists under one roof. Artshed is shaped by the participants, growing organically through individual artist preferences and facilitated by Arts OutWest. Meetings are located in the Tremain’s Mill meeting room with art workshops/ exhibitions in the Tremain’s Mill shed, Bathurst.
Current Artshed members
at a workshop at CSU in 2016
Why get involved?
Artshed supports the autonomy of artists with and without disability within the central west region and aim to provide:
• Social inclusion
• Opportunities to network
• Broadening skills development and skill sharing
• Peer-reviewed arts practice
• Assistance to overcome accessibility barriers to develop professional arts practice
• A place to share ideas and opportunities for artistic development
What’s an ARI?
• an ARI is group run by artists for artists
• Artshed aims to be a collective of creative’s of multidisciplinary and/ or cross-disciplinary artists, including writers, filmmakers, designers, muscians or performers
What’s on the menu?
A facilitator will arrange a variety of activities dependant on the needs of the participants.
These could include:
• Participation in professional and skills based development workshops
• Working towards a small group project outcome e.g. exhibition and/or performance
• Art sector guest speakers
• Coordinate and visit a major arts organisation to view a contemporary exhibition and/or performance
• Connections with local and broader arts sector e.g. Regional Arts organisations, councils and/or performance spaces, galleries or studios
Monthly meetings will be 3rd Monday of each month, art workshops every 2nd month on Saturdays
Want to know more?
Contact Arts OutWest
Penny May – 0412 768 030