About Arts OutWest
Arts OutWest is the regional arts development organisation of Central West New South Wales, Australia.
Our mission: promote, facilitate, educate and advocate for arts and cultural development for communities of the NSW Central West.
Arts OutWest Vision and Values
- Arts enriches our regional communities making them better places to live
- The arts in our region are of high quality and need to be supported to operate at high levels
- The arts help to generate a sense of regional identity
- The arts can contribute as an economic driver to regional communities
- Arts activity in the region can assist in social cohesion and development
Arts OutWest services the contributing local government areas of
The core program of Arts OutWest is funded by the NSW government through Create NSW, by the Australian Government through the Indigenous Visual Arts Industry Support program, by 11 contributing local governments and by Charles Sturt University. Additional regional projects are funded and carried out through a range of partnerships.
The regional arts development program began in the Central West in 1974.
Support and facilitation
- Assisting communities to develop arts projects and build partnerships
- Assisting or supporting funding applications
- Securing funding for regional projects
- Managing regional projects
- Auspicing of local project funding
- Overseeing the annual CASP (Country Arts Support Program) funding in the region
Information and education
- Central West Cultural Directory
- Information, advice, referral contacts and resources
- Workshops and training in areas such as cultural development and planning, marketing, funding and arts business
- Networking opportunities, forums and mentoring programs
- Assisting local governments to plan for arts and cultural development
- Support and representation for practitioners
- Representing the region at a state and national level and networking with regional, state and federal agencies
- Building partnerships across diverse sectors and across the region
- The arts media program: promoting Central West arts and cultural events via radio, internet and print media
- Workshops and resources in arts marketing, audience development and media
- Media support and advice for local and visiting arts promoters
- More about the arts media program…
As a small team with a large region to service, Arts OutWest works to a strategic program of activities as laid out in the Arts OutWest Strategic Plan (2016-2018) [pdf]
Key strategic areas of Arts OutWest’s current work include cultural tourism, lifelong learning, arts, health and disabilities and Aboriginal arts, as well as our ongoing core services of information, training, promotions and advocacy across the creative industries.
The Arts OutWest strategic plan also assists in the delivery of the NSW 2021 State plan.
The 2016 annual report was presented at the AGM Sunday May 28, 2017.
- Arts OutWest annual Report 2016 (contact us if you’d prefer a hard copy version)
- Arts OutWest 2016 financial statements
The 2015 annual report was presented at the AGM Sunday May 29, 2016.
- Arts OutWest annual report 2015 (contact us if you’d prefer a pdf or hard copy version)
- Arts OutWest 2015 financial statements (pdf)
Some of our current strategic projects include:
- Wellbeing projects for good mental health
- Lachlan Health Service – Culture & Arts Program
- Kew-y-Ahn Aboriginal Gallery
- Musicians in hospitals training
- Big Skies Collaboration
- Artshed: Artist Run Initiative
- Bathurst Sings & Arts OutWest sings
- Crafting the Lachlan Network
- Networking Nights
Recently completed projects include:
- History Here
- Silos Project & Shearers Ballet
- Portfolio Project
- Creative Lab
- Spread the Word
- Look Art Talk
- Sweet Dreams
- Australian Pavilion: UK exchange
- Governance of the organisation (including annual reports)
- Arts OutWest Strategic Plan (2016-2018) [pdf]
- Contact us