Governance, board and membership
Arts OutWest is an independent incorporated association, under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009.
The 2015 annual report was presented at the AGM Sunday May 29, 2016.
The 2016 Annual Report will be delivered at the AGM on Sunday May 28, 2017.
- Arts OutWest Annual Report 2015 (contact us if you’d prefer a pdf or hard copy version)
- AOW financial statements 2015 signed (pdf)
Committee of Management (Board) of Arts OutWest
Arts OutWest is governed by a Committee of Management (a board), made up of both representational and elected members. Each contributing local government appoints a representative to the Committee of Management (either a councillor, a council staff member or a suitable member of the community), as does Charles Sturt University. There are also three positions on the Board elected from and by the general membership.
The Committee of Management has responsibility for the governance of the organisation and for setting the priorities laid out in the organisation’s strategic plan.
The Committee of Management meets quarterly and at the Annual General Meeting. The Annual General Meeting is held in April or May each year, open to all members of the public (usually with a guest speaker, a discussion panel or a tour of one of the region’s key cultural facilities).
- Chair- Libby Oldham, Owner/ Director Jayes Gallery (elected from general membership)
- Vice-Chair – Cr Sharon Wilcox, Councillor Cabonne Council (Cabonne)
- Treasurer – Bronwyn Giovenco, accountant
- Secretary – Fran Charge, President Oberon Arts Council (Oberon)
- Heather Blackley, President Lachlan Arts Council (Lachlan)
- Cr Carly Brown, Councillor Weddin Shire Council (Weddin)
- Cr Susan Chau (Forbes Shire Council)
- Brian Langer, Director Cowra Regional Art Gallery (Cowra)
- Cr Steven Lesslie, Mayor (Lithgow City Council)
- Scott Maunder, Director Community, Recreation & Cultural Services, Orange City Council (Orange)
- Kay Nankervis, Charles Sturt University
- Nyree Reynolds, visual artist (Blayney)
- Cr Monica Morse (Bathurst Regional Council)
- Kylie Shead, Bathurst Memorial Entertainment Centre (elected from general membership)
- Warrick Tom (Parkes Shire)
Arts OutWest Membership
Arts OutWest membership is separated into: individual, organisational and local government. There are 11 local governments in the Central West that are active contributing members of the Arts OutWest program.
By virtue of local government membership, individuals and organisations within contributing local government areas – whether community or commercially focussed – are able to access Arts OutWest services for FREE. Neither you nor your organisation needs to take out individual membership to access assistance from Arts OutWest.
You do not need to be a member of Arts OutWest to access our services. You just need to live, work or be running an activity in the NSW Central West.
Individual and organisational membership
Membership of Arts OutWest is available to individuals and organisations as ‘subscribing members’. Subscribing members will be entitled to the same level of services as anyone from a contributing local government area, with the following additional benefits (as at May 2012):
- The right to stand for one of the three general membership positions on the Board of Arts OutWest
- The right to vote at an Arts OutWest Annual General Meeting or any Extraordinary General Meeting (one vote only per organisational member)
- A printed copy of the Annual Report in the mail
- Any printed magazines or publications made by Arts OutWest
Note: From May 2012 the category of ‘associate members’, for individuals and organisations from non-contributing local government areas, has been abolished. If you live outside the 12 contributing local government areas you cannot join Arts OutWest.
Individual membership – $20/ pa
Organisational membership – $30/ pa
Membership is on a financial year (runs January-December)
If you would prefer, you can make a tax deductible donation to the Arts OutWest Cultural Fund.