Governance, board and membership
Arts OutWest is an independent incorporated association, under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009.
The 2018 annual report was presented at the AGM Sunday June 2, 2019 in Bathurst.
- AOW 2018 annual report (pdf. contact us if you’d prefer a hard copy version)
- AOW Audited Financial Statements (pdf)
Committee of Management (Board) of Arts OutWest
Arts OutWest has two levels of governance: the Committee of Management (to be known as The Board) and the Advisory Council.
The Advisory Council’s job is to help set strategic policy and to advise about the priorities which the organisation should be pursuing. They also monitor the progress of Arts OutWest in delivering this policy.
The Board’s job is to manage the organisation including financial management and to ensure that the organisation is compliant and functioning well. The Board appoints and manages the Executive Director who is in turn responsible for managing the staff.
(from AGM June 2, 2019)
- Chair – Fran Charge, President Oberon Arts Council (Oberon)
- Vice-Chair – Sharon Wilcox (Cabonne)
- Treasurer – Amanda Spalding, chartered accountant, Principal Amanda Spalding Consulting (Orange)
- Secretary – Margot Jolly, heritage consultant (Forbes)
- Deb Bardon, Human resources specialist, Charles Sturt University
- Chair Advisory Council – Cr Carly Brown, Weddin Shire Council (Weddin)
- Adam Deusien, independent theatre maker/ founder Lingua Franca (Bathurst)
- Madi Holborrow, artist and director of The Corner Store Gallery Orange (Orange)
- Maz Rees, HR and legal specialist (Forbes)
- Zeke Shaw, NSW Child, Family and Community Peak Aboriginal Corporation (Orange)
- Chair – Cr Carly Brown Weddin Shire Councillor
- Heather Blackley President Lachlan Arts Council
- Brian Langer Director Cowra Regional Art Gallery
- Scott Maunder Director Community, Recreation & Cultural Services, Orange City Council (Orange)
- Penny May visual artist (Blayney)
- Cr Monica Morse Bathurst Regional Council Councillor
- Kay Nankervis theatre / media lecturer Charles Sturt Univerisy
- Cr Libby Oldham Cabonne Councillor
- Warwick Tom Community theatre (Parkes)
- Forbes and Lithgow positions not filled
If you would prefer, you can make a tax deductible donation to the Arts OutWest Cultural Fund.